Skinable LCD-Display
Question 
first, i have to thank jmarshall for implementing this great feature!
i haven't tried it yet, but today evening i will do an update as soon as possible. Smile
i am sure, many users have waited for this feature a long time!

i couldn't believe my eyes this morning when i saw the addition of the skinable lcd-display in the changelog. Cool
that is simply amazing.

now, all we need is a overview of all commands we can use for the lcd.xml file? is there already a list in the manual?

i think, it is time now for me to make a donation to the xbmc project. you guys have done so much great work! thank you all.
does the donation work again? i read in another thread, that it is currently not working?

scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(scape @ jan. 20 2006,08:30 Wrote:does the donation work again?
yes it's working again Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
scape:

i haven't added the necessary info to the manual, but it's reasonably simple as it uses the usual label code from the skin.

$info[info_here]

simply uses the info label (see skinning manual for a list of them) info_here.

$localize[number]

simply uses the strings.xml string "number".

feel free to add what you find out to the manual and i'll check over it when i get time.

cheers,
jonathan

jmarshall:

some feedback for the lcd-customization:

1. the order of the displayed lines does not work correctly.
i have a custom 3rd line and it gets displayed on the lcd on line 2 and vice versa..
this occurs on all sections (navigation, music, video, ..)

2. is there a chance to display the date in the [general] section in this format : dd-mm-yyyy ?
because currently it displays "saturday january 22, 2006" .. and it gets scrolled all over the line and isn't easy to read.
it would be nice if time + date could be in one line for the [general] section.

3. is there a list of all "lcd.[xxxxxxx]" commands like for example: lcd.playicon, lcd.progressbar .. ?

4. are you planning on also implementing sections for [pictures] (could display picture filenames, current picture/total pictures in folder, .. ) and also a [dvd] section? or is the dvd section handled via [video] section?

very nice indeed!
1. strange. if one of the lines doesn't show due to it being blank then the others will be bumped up one - is this what is happening? otherwise, please send your lcd.xml and i'll take a look.

2. sure, though it'll need a new label tag for it added to guiinfomanager.cpp - feel free to do so, i don't have time at the moment.

3. they're the only two - they're just there for the "special" characters the lcd has.

4. i'm not, i think i've spent enough time on getting the system up and running. once again it'd be reasonably easy for someone to do a patch up for this. it'll most definitely be added.

cheers,
jonathan

i tried a couple of things using this as a reference and it works great. what a wonderfull addition! at last it's possible to browse with lcd (c.f. former notv mode) when music or video is playing.
btw i cant find the label for the hard drive temperature. what is it?

vaeanu:

do you also have the problem with the lines in lcd.xml not matching the correct line on the lcd-display (see my post above)? perhaps i have to do a new compile..

yes, hdd temperature and cpu usage would be nice, when staying in mainmenu (home). i already have cpu temp + gpu temp. Smile

but the problem is, that the system.cputemperature and system.gputemperature strings are too long for one line at the lcd-display, so that they are trying to scroll every second. but it cannot scroll, as it updates every second, and thus the second label in the line is not really visible.

currently the label system.cputemperature does display "cpu temp: 55 °c"

try this in lcd.xml:
<line>$info[system.cputemperature] $info[system.gputemperature]</line>

the lcd-output would then be:
cpu temp: 55°c gpu temp: 44°c

that is way too long for a 4x20 character lcd-display, if someone wants to add 2 values into one line (example: system.cputemperature and system.gputemperature as above).
i think it would be better, if we would have some labels which displays just only the value for the cpu temp, etc ..

example:

the label lcd.cputemperature would display only "55 °c" without the extra string. than the user is more flexible with adding strings and has more space on one line for the lcd-display.
we could then use this:
<line>cpu: $info[lcd.cputemperature] gpu: $info[lcd.gputemperature]</line>

the lcd-output would then be:
cpu: 55°c gpu: 44°c

this would have space in one line on the lcd-display and would also be useful for other labels.

what do you think?

can somebody post his lcd.xml ? i want to try wich is the best Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinable LCD-Display0