TheTVDB Scrapper stopped working
Question 
Has anyone else had any issues with week with the TVDB scrapper not working. it only seems to be the last two days that it hasn't been working for me. I have had no issues with it since I started using XBMC v11, so it shouldn't be my directory or file naming structure.

Here is an example of how my files are names
\\QNAP-NAS\My Media\TV Shows\Bones\Season 9\Bones - S09E04 - The Sense in the Sacrifice.mp4

I have a few other episodes apart from the one listed above that haven't shown up either, like 2 Broke Girls
I am having the same issue as well. Series that worked aren't finding any of the files, including any new ones. I thought something was wrong with my DB but it is more than likely a TVDB issue. Although, some tv series are being updated.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Ok so i did a few test and found something odd. when i was rescanning a new show that downloaded today showed up, but the old stuff from the past 2 days didn't. so i moved the files rescanned the library the ran the clean video library, then put the files back and rescanned the video library but it still didn't show up.

so i tried to rename the file from Bones - S09E04 - The Sense in the Sacrifice.mp4 to Bones.S09E04.The Sense in the Sacrifice.mp4 and it showed up.

Any idea why this would be?

Ok so I think i may have made some progress. I figured there must be some type of cache or something holding the scrapper info from when the plugin wasn't working and sure enough i found it in the following directory

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\scrapers\metadata.tvdb.com

I cut and pasted the files from this directory onto my desktop as a backup, then launched XBMC and let it update the video library and BAM it all showed up.
Hmm... That's odd. I guess it has to be a TVDB issue then. I just tried Agents of Shield and it worked. It was not working earlier on. The other issue I have is that when I go into the episode list, nothing is listed.

Btw: Wouldn't you have to re-scrape your entire library with what you did?
Having the Same Problem ... Something working others are not ... I even refreshed 2 broke girls and now I lost all information

I looked at the Zip file that was downloaded and the information is there (just not a valid XML file) I don't know how it looked before to know if thats wrong or not
It is definitely TheTVDB guys because I just did a fresh install and it does not work for all my TV series. I would post a message on their site but they probably would not respond as is often the case.
deleting cache file and rescan found the missing episodes for me, thanks
according to their web forum - may be fixed http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...455#p57767
Deleting the cache won't cause you to loose all your tv show info. I was having the same problem that for the past few days it wasn't scrapping properly, then last night it worked with the show the blacklist. I had read here that there was an issue with theTVDB, but was supposed to be fixed. This lead me to believe that something was being held in cache or something from the past few days that was prevent it to rescan correctly.

As listed in my post above once you delete the cache files, all you need to do update the video library and it fixed it. no need to reinstall, or completely dump and rescan the entire library, just need to update the video library as normal and every is back to working as it should be

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB Scrapper stopped working0