Replacement motherboard for socket 775 for HD audio?
I currently have a asus P5N7A-vm motherboard that has been working just fine for years. I have run xbmcbuntu with no problems. Recently I have upgraded my AV equipment and I wanted to play movies with bitstreaming audio. I have found out that my IGPU (nvidia 9300) doesnt allow this. For that reason I have gone out and purchased an Nvidia 610 GT card to put into my pci-e slot. I thought that upgrading the card for $40 was worth the shot at trying to see if i can hear any difference between DD, DTS, TrueHD, and DTS-MA. The problem I am having is my motherboard is not recognizing the new video card. I have tried two cards to this point, updated the bios, cleared my CMOS, and every output from the card. I can only assume that the boards PCI-e slot is bad - which pisses me off since I have never used it.

That said, I was looking for a cheap replacement board (just for HD audio, might be stupid). In any case, I wanted to reuse my existing chips, RAM etc. So i would need a socket 775 board with DDR2 ram. Can anyone recommend a cheap replacement board if i decided to go this route? I saw this at amazon and not sure if it would work.

http://www.amazon.com/Atx-Express-UDMA13...+micro+atx
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Did you make sure the pcie slot was free of dust etc?

Also your bios might require you to change the default video output. I do not know specifically about your board, but it have ran into it before.
I sprayed the slot with canned air prior to install. I have verified the bios is disabling onboard IGPU using PCIE as the slot to check first.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
This looks like a good one and is brand new and if it doesn't work you can return it to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ASRock-2DRR2-MATX-...B003BFNYK4
Thanks. What is everyones opinion on HD audio? worth it or not?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacement motherboard for socket 775 for HD audio?0