External Player support fix (MX Player and others)
Does wololo version works on AMLogic
MX player works great but it doesn't support online subtitle search which is very important to me. I would like to be able to stream movies from YIFY HD using Bsplayer. I tried to edit playcorefactory to make BSplayer the default player but that caused xbmc to crash. Tried other players for the heck of it (vplayer, mplayer, archos, wodershare ) but they all caused xbmc to crash. So the question is: can I stream YIFY HD videos using BSplayer or any other player that support online subtitle search?
Hi

Is there a simple way for me to use MX player as my default player in XBMC, for example, Copy a file or tick a box? I am not developer so I don't know the code at all.

If anyone can help and make it simple, it would be appreciated?

Regards

Joseph
I was hoping someone could help me with something? I want XBMC to use my external player (MX Player) instead of the XBMC's player .

I am using both the Frodo 12.4 and Gotham 13 Beta4 versions of XBMC (19th April Nightly build).

I created the file, when i play a film from (1channel Primeware or Mashup) it uses MX Player (the correct External Player), but if i try and play a live stream is states (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended" (an example would be any stream from Expat TV, F.T.V, Navi-X, Mashup, Sports Devil, Nothing works other than films.

If someone could advise it would be great :-)

It does not seem to matter what I do I get the same results. I have cut down the file to the basics see below:-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MXPlayerFree"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I have tried changing the hidexbmc to false and still no diffference.

I don't understand, if I go to 1channel, it plays a film using MX Player, then if I got to say klm05 sports links in Mashup, I get the message (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended". But it does not startup MX Player.

I cannot be the only one that experiences this problem, I am sure everyone has had this problem and I hoping someone would share the answer please?

Thanks for your help.
very good
heyho
i´m at this point too.
i really want to use the new Master Release, because of the DVB PVR Plugins.

is there a way or a version which supports external player support?
Thanks for this. I can confirm it working on a Vodoke Playstaq. Although the default XBMC 13.1 player can manage some 1080p content on the Playstaq, MXPlayer plays plays pretty much everything I have tried, except for a few 3D SBS items. It's awesome. The only issue I see is each time I play a movie, MXPlayer starts in S/W mode and I need to change it overtime to us H/W acceleration. Is there a way to change that?

I realise this is a dev forum so excuse the newbie questions but your latest XBMC build is for a v13 alpha. Any chance you have one for the 13.1 final or could you let me know how I could patch the latest version?

Thanks for your efforts in any case.
(2013-11-01, 21:09)Romout Wrote: Hi wololo,

This is my first post on this forum. I have tried your patch build binaries with an Amerry Android Stick (V2). I have taken your playercorefactory.xml and wanted to stream files from my NAS using Samba. As XBMC always used the internal player, I figured out that your xml does mention known problems of MXPlayer concerning Samba and therefore routing SMB to DVDPlayer. I changed that to the MXPlayer but that instantly dropped me back to the desktop when ever I wanted to start a movie. I then switched to VLCPlayer with the same outcome.

Now here comes the interesting part: I added a player configuration for the android gallery with exactly the same behavior (drop back to desktop) but I would have expected that to work as it actually does work using ES Explorer + Network/Samba connection to my NAS. I have chosen the gallery to view the very same movie and it did run like a charm.

Do you have any further ideas on how I could overcome that issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and aforts,
Romout

Actually I had the same issue. All I did was use cifs manager and mapped samba shares to sdcard, then re-added everything in my library using the symbolic links created by cifs manager. Works 100% with MXPlayer in XBMC in wololo's build.

I initially tried using 13.1 final and the external player, but for some reason I couldn't get it working and assumed it was a known issue as I saw other reports about it. I have since tried 13.1 with the userdata folder copied over form wololo's build and now I can see 13.1 working perfectly using the external player. I have actually changed the XML to default to the internal default player for everything, and for items that do stutter, you can just right click and pick the option "play using..." and then pick the MXPlayer is at the top.

PS. I have managed to fix my previous issue with the options - everything was just settings that needed to be saved in MXPlayer when opened on its own outside of XBMC. I obviously had no idea that it was something specific to MXPlayer as I have never used it before and thought it was something with the alpha build from wololo.
(2014-04-24, 15:01)smithjoe115 Wrote: I was hoping someone could help me with something? I want XBMC to use my external player (MX Player) instead of the XBMC's player .

I am using both the Frodo 12.4 and Gotham 13 Beta4 versions of XBMC (19th April Nightly build).

I created the file, when i play a film from (1channel Primeware or Mashup) it uses MX Player (the correct External Player), but if i try and play a live stream is states (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended" (an example would be any stream from Expat TV, F.T.V, Navi-X, Mashup, Sports Devil, Nothing works other than films.

If someone could advise it would be great :-)

It does not seem to matter what I do I get the same results. I have cut down the file to the basics see below:-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MXPlayerFree"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I have tried changing the hidexbmc to false and still no diffference.

I don't understand, if I go to 1channel, it plays a film using MX Player, then if I got to say klm05 sports links in Mashup, I get the message (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended". But it does not startup MX Player.

I cannot be the only one that experiences this problem, I am sure everyone has had this problem and I hoping someone would share the answer please?

Thanks for your help.

I have very same problem.
Is this feature not supported anymore?
I am running Kodi on a RK3288 box.
Currently external players still work on TVMC.

It really should be fixed for kodi.

This would be a major improvement for android tablet and TV users.
Same problem here. It looks as if the argument used to start a network stream is invalid for MXPLayer, as opposed to when playing a local file. I can play local videos with release version of Kodi for android using MXPlayerPro, but not network files.
I'm using samba shares on my rpi (named xbmc), and the argument passed to mxplayer starts with smb:// which mx cannot play. The same file when launched by FX File Explorer, translates into something that MX sees as http://127.0.0.1:port/stream/0/movie.mkv, and so it can play it.

We need a way to transform this to something playable by mx.

My kodi.log shows:

18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: Thread ExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Player : com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): File : smb://machine/share/movie.mkv
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Content:
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Args : {1}
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Start
18:45:22 T:1662264064 NOTICE: virtual BOOL CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppAndroid(const char*, const char*): com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro
18:45:22 T:1662264064 ERROR: CXBMCApp::StartActivity - ExceptionOccurred launching com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro

Ref.: http://kodi.wiki/view/external_players
First, MX should understand the samba protocol, which it doesn't, afaik.
There are tons of howto's to mount your samba shares on a rooted android and to translate the url.
In my setup, this would be quite unfeasible: I'm using a central installation of Kodi on a Pi, with a MySQL database and 4-5 satellite Android players (including a couple of phones) also using the central database. The media files are on the Pi and a Windows PC.

In order for the satellites to play the media, the files should be visible and streamable to them, so I'm currently using samba shares on the Pi and the PC. This means that the path stored in the central database begins with smb://<PI|PC> for all media.

This setup works quite well and stays in sync no matter where you add/play something. Also, my android Kodis themselves can play everything without problem, although I find MX Player slightly faster on the slower devices.

The problem is that some android satellites have a 16:10 aspect ratio which I cannot seem to be able to change when a 16:9 TV is connected via HDMI, resulting in black bars to the left and right of the video, when played inside Kodi. I tried "am display-size" but although it "resizes" the screen, this resize is "virtual" i.e. the rest of the pixels are still there but not used, and the problem remains.

I have no idea why, but somehow, MX Player manages to fill the whole screen without black bars - and possibly use the native resolution of the TV instead of the android's. This is the reason I'm trying to use it as an external player. If android kodi could use the full screen and control the aspect ratio of the HDMI connected renderer, this would be solved.

I could use path translation on kodi and mount the shares in the local filesystem, but not all androids have cifs kernel support, besides the fact that this would only solve the samba problem, not other protocols supported by kodi and not by external players.

It seems to me that if Kodi wants to say that it supports external players, it should provide a playable stream to most of them, not expect from the other players to support all its protocols. Most of the code is already in there, so wrapping an smb:// stream (or any other network protocol) into an http:// stream by kodi itself should be trivial, along with a flag to choose which player(s) should use this wrapper. This would also avoid authentication problems that other players might have etc. This "wrapping" seems to be the solution adopted by most android applications that send media to players (File explorers, Bubble UPnP, Yatse etc.), so why not Kodi itself?

I can solve the black bar problem by using Yatse for example to "locally" launch MX using my central Kodi as a source, but why should I use two unrelated applications to do a simple thing, besides losing the use of the remote control, player position etc?

PS. In fact when I think of it, why can't kodi on android propose the list of applications that can play a file when the user clicks on "Play using..." without needing playercorefactory.xml or any extra user configuration? All android applications do that...
Is it possible to send the video title to mx player?

I know the MXplayer supports this feature, but kodi doesnt send the title

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/api

title
Type: String
Values: video title text.

Also some code implemented

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
i.putExtra("title", "Elephants Dream" );
Koying, wololo

If I place this on the location in the instructions I can use the external player to handle everything on KODI, correct?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>

<player name="MXPlayerPro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
</player>

<player name="TPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.tiantian.android.player.app</filename>
</player>

<player name="DicePlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.inisoft.mediaplayer.trial</filename>
</player>

<player name="VLCPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.vlcforandroid.vlcdirectprofree</filename>
</player>

<player name="DicePlayerPaid" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.inisoft.mediaplayer.a</filename>
</player>

<player name="RockPlayerLite" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.redirectin.rockplayer.android.unified.lite</filename>
</player>

<player name="RockPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.rockplayer</filename>
</player>

<player name="BSPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free</filename>
</player>

<player name="MoboplayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.clov4r.android.nilz</filename>
</player>

<player name="mVideoplayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>afzkl.development.mVideoPlayer</filename>
</player>

<player name="Vplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>me.abitno.vplayer.t</filename>
</player>

<player name="WondersharePlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.wondershare.player</filename>
</player>

<player name="ArchosVideo" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.archos.mediacenter.video</filename>
</player>

<player name="SopCast" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>org.sopcast.android</filename>
</player>

<player name="DaroonPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.daroonplayer.dsplayer</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
-->
<rule protocols="smb" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule dvdimage="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/>
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/>
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule protocols="sop" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule internetstream="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE" />
<rule video="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Wololo:
Do I use your modified version of XMBC as this is for the new remix mini device that runs ALLWINNER 64 chipset? This is my first time post and many thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player support fix (MX Player and others)1