• 4(current)
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi
Ah - that would be it then :-). That would be a great bonus to add that facility at some point
Please join in on the linux server testing:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...linux-os-x
Will the Linux port eventually lead to a Synology NAS plugin like Plex?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2014-01-07, 02:50)CaptainKen Wrote: Will the Linux port eventually lead to a Synology NAS plugin like Plex?

That is the plan.
(2014-01-07, 04:15)lukemb Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 02:50)CaptainKen Wrote: Will the Linux port eventually lead to a Synology NAS plugin like Plex?

That is the plan.

Very cool, thank you.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Guys,

We have a new app release. We're now in the Chrome web store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...keepennpcn

It's a browser extension that will give you MB Server notifications, and will probably soon be enhanced to add remote control features
A new server release is out that brings Live TV support.

Full details are here:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...-released/

Thanks to KrustyReturns for joining us and being a part of it. It's now in our web client and api which means you can watch and manage live tv from a web browser, and it works well on smartphones and tablets.

All of our app developers have committed to supporting it which means you can look forward to live tv on Android, iOS, Roku, etc.
Stay tuned for a whole lot of new nerd features coming soon to this, like auto-organizing new content, and really fine-grained control of your metadata inputs and outputs, controlling where we download for each media type, and what formats we save to.

Also, for those who missed, check out our chromecast announcement. We really have lots of great stuff going on:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...hromecast/

I finally had a chance to try Media Browser 3 out and it's fantastic! I didn't immediately realize I needed to grab the XBMC nfo plugin, as I wrongly assumed it was built in to the base server, but once I figured that out everything went smoothly. While not as fully featured as most standalone XBMC metadata mangers I still find it very useful and easy to use. I'm definitely looking forward to future updates!

I did have one question regarding the metadata Media Browser 3 puts in XBMC nfo files though: Why does it save the path to artwork inside the .nfo? By that I mean things like <poster>\\server\moviesfolder\movie\poster.jpg</poster> inside a movie's .nfo file ( I don't have an .nfo in front of me right now, I'm going off memory, so apologies if that isn't exactly correct ). As long as the artwork is in the correct location and properly named, which MB3 already handles, XBMC will recognize and use it. I feel like it's unnecessary, but more importantly it's problematic as the path to that movie might change which would then require the path in the .nfo to be updated too. All other metadata inside the .nfo is self-contained and doesn't rely on specific paths or filenames which is very helpful and flexible. I worry about using MB3's metadata manger to create my .nfo files only to realize I screwed myself when I need to change a file path in the future and now have thousands of incorrect .nfo files.
Thanks for trying it out. The next release will add numerous new features related to metadata management, so stay tuned. Please feel free to suggest some as well.

I will check with our xbmc test group in regards to removing the paths from the nfo files.

For a preview of some of the upcoming features, see here:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...s/?p=70698
I have nothing really to add to this thread, just wanted to say that I've just switched over to using MB3 in conjunction with XBMC (as a metadata manager and other various tasks)....and it is phenomenal.
I also have nothing to add but to say that I am slowly converting back over to MediaBrowser and XBMC! It's full circle! I started with Media Browser in WMC/Vista and then went to XBMC and loved it for all the Customizing but then needed the full fledged Server/Client model that Plex offered... But I missed all the XBMC skins and Modding... Then I read MB3 was splitting from WMC and creating a server/client project and was working with XBMC?! Holy Cow! I'm in!

So yes I'm back but Cautiously Optimistic....

PS still running Plex beside this for now for WAF... lol.
In going to try this out tomorrow but I think it looks like the metadata manager I've been looking for. Once the Linux version is complete can you create a plugin for UnRaid servers so this can work on my nas? I use plex currently but would rather head this route instead.

Also, does this support directly updating xbmc with any metadata/artwork changes?
NAS is the plan.
Thanks Luke. For the streaming option to external devices, does this program need an external link to a website/server like plex does or is the connection straight from my server to my device with no middle man?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi6