• 6(current)
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi
Hi lukemb,
All my music has been tagged with MP3Tag and has all the artwork etc.
I have given mediabrowser server with XBMC metadata Saver Plugin a try with a small test sample of my music collection. All works very well except for one thing for me. I have XBMC set to NOT include artists who appear only only compilations.

Everything looks fine when viewing the Mediabrowser database in firefox. But the nfo file generated for albums seems to be wrong when scanned into XBMC. When I view Artists in XBMC I see compilation artists which should not be there.

So I ran a test and scanned the music in without any nfo's and then exported it to compare them. From what I could tell it looked as though Mediabrowser ignores the Album Artist Tag and just includes all of the artists. More specifically if is missing this tag...

<albumArtistCredits>
<artist>Artist Name Here</artist>
<musicBrainzArtistID></musicBrainzArtistID>
<joinphrase></joinphrase>
<featuring>Artist Name Here</featuring>
</albumArtistCredits>

Currently MediaBrowser3 uses this tag...

<artist clear=true>Artist Name Here</artist>
<artist>Artist Name 2</artist>
<artist>Artist Name 3</artist>
<artist>Artist Name 4</artist>
<artist>Artist Name 5</artist>

Which forces XBMC to see all the artists. I hope that makes sense. Please can you fix it? I would love to start using your software to manage my music as there is currently no other stand alone app that does.

On a side note I am surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Maybe its me doing something wrong Confused
So I'm trying this out on my Ubuntu Server. Unfortunately, the media playback is very unstable right now. No matter what transcoding I do, and while played locally, the videos will freeze up about every 20 seconds for 3 seconds. Plex and various other tools work fine. I also can't figure out how to make the UI bottom bar disappear when I'm in fullscreen mode.

EDIT: Actually, on further inspection, the website keeps freezing and the metadata manager won't load, so maybe I'll just wait til its ready for primetime on Linux.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
i tried this out on a test batch of movies i really like the ease of use and scraping abilities my one request would be to allow user to configure how artwork is saved.
near as i can tell there isnt anyway to change the naming conventions so its current saved as fanart.jpg/poster.jpg/banner.jpg which while it will work isnt very precise and thus when you do a search for fanart files with windows explorer or some other file explorer you will return a bunch of fanart.jpgs and then still have to find the right one which makes the search function in a file explorer useless.
all of my fanart/ posters/ banners ect are named "movie name (year)-fanart /-poster / -banner ect and this for much better organization and search functionality.
another good reason to have the fanart tagged with the movie title is that there are some ppl (not me) that use xbmc who have all movies in the same folder.
keep up the great work this is coming along nicely and i look forward to the day when it will be an all in one solution for my meta data management.
Vampire - it actually does save that way if you have multiple movies in a single folder. if you have one movie per folder it saves using plain fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, etc. I suppose this can be made configurable although the xbmc wiki was followed to a T.
Is there anybody here who might be willing to volunteer to compile a list of nfo metadata changes for Gotham?

I would like to be able declare that Media Browser is Gotham ready Smile

We've had one user report on our forums that there was a change relating to artists and album artists, but i haven't been able to find any information on it. Thanks.
We have a new server release out, which you can read all about here:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...523140980/

Here's some of the highlights:

- More translations
- New DLNA Server feature
- Enhanced DLNA profile editing
- New server notification feature

Notifications can be customized by indicating which server events you'd like to monitor, who to send the notification to, and which notification services to use. Out of the box the server includes one notification service, which is the Dashboard notification inbox you're already accustomed to. The plugin catalog then adds five more - Email, Prowl, Notify My Android, Pushover and Pushalot.

Is there an ETA for a proper package for Ubuntu Server? Last time I tried to install it manually by compiling mono I achieved lackluster results (very unstable in chrome).
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
It is in development, however in the meantime our linux test group has reported that it is working much better chrome ubuntu. So perhaps you may give it another look. Also, with the mono 3.4 release, you may not need to compile it own your own anymore.

As an aside - I am in general always swamped with major infrastructure projects. So I am working on getting proper install packages completed for various linux distros as well as OS X. If there's anyone here who would like to contribute that would be most appreciated and would help us get it done faster.
Great news guys. Our latest release adds out of the box NFO support. That means we can read & write Xbmc metadata which will make it very easy for you guys to try us out.

I think we compliment Xbmc nicely so please give it a shot. Here's the release notes about the new NFO support:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...-released/

In addition we have a growing library of internet channels, allowing us to venture into new territories:

Also the XBMB3C team has some great things going on. We've got a Gotham repo setup, and now support a number of Xbmc skins. Many of them have been enhanced to support MB3 features:

First post has been updated to show how the design has evolved in recent months. Here's info about our latest release:

Give me my playlists!

With this new release we've added the ability to create playlists in the web client, but it also brings some other improvements and fixes. Here's the rundown:

* Create playlists in the web client
* Improved DLNA compatibility and image support
* Increased server localization
* Chrome will now direct stream compatible mkv's
* New People metadata settings
* New channel downloading settings
* New folder view setting
* New local password setting

There are also some new features for developers:

* TTML subtitle output
* VTT segmentation within m3u8 playlists

Playlists

The highlight of this release is the ability to create playlists from the web client. In the coming weeks you'll see this feature rolled out to all of our clients. How do you create a playlist? Easy!

Right click any song, album, artist, genre, movie, tv series, season or episode:

Mobile users can also accomplish this via the tap-hold menus. Then you'll see a nifty slideout menu:

Once added, you'll have a new Playlists section on your home page. You'll then see your list of playlists.

Click into any playlist to manage or play it:

But that's not the only way you can do it. Detail pages now have a more button containing this as well as the Edit function:

And it can also be done in bulk using the selection tool:

Expect the playlist feature to evolve significantly in upcoming releases. Be sure to leave feedback and be a part of the process.

DLNA Improvements

Persistence pays off, and thanks to the efforts of a few community members our DLNA device support has improved significantly with this release. Even devices that were already functioning should see improved image support. Users with custom profiles will need to rebuild them using the new system profiles as a base.

DLNA also has a couple new features - Live TV support, as well as a new device profile setting to control music transcoding bitrate.

Local Password Setting

Now you can configure easy login ability when users are inside your home network.

Join the Team

As always we're recruiting and looking for new developers to step up and join us. Our focus is starting to turn to the Android platform. If you have Android or Java experience, there are multiple projects available so please drop us a line.
I can't believe how nicely Subtitles are handled on my mobile devices with this latest release: made my day!

New interface tweaks are most impressive, too.

Great job, Luke and team!
Thanks. We convert text-based subtitles on the fly to whatever output is needed, e.g. srt, vtt, ttml, etc. That way we don't have to force a transcode just on account of subtitles alone. There are other benefits of text-based delivery as well, such as control over the fonts, things of that nature, etc.
(2014-08-19, 19:05)lukemb Wrote: Thanks. We convert text-based subtitles on the fly to whatever output is needed, e.g. srt, vtt, ttml, etc. That way we don't have to force a transcode just on account of subtitles alone. There are other benefits of text-based delivery as well, such as control over the fonts, things of that nature, etc.

The 'no-transcode' thing is actually quite a big deal performance-wise.
I can have a video running; and if I miss a line of dialog, I can flick back a few seconds, activate subs (client-side!), and have the video replay immediately without the 'stop-and-buffer' that usually accompanies turning them on or off.
On mobile devices (which all usually have somewhat dodgy audio), this has been a huge boon for us.

Nice job indeed.
@lukemb
Being new to the forum here, I may be missing the answer to this question, but I did read the 6 pages and I don't believe its mentioned, so I will ask

do you guys support streaming internet content?

thanks for any response
(2014-08-21, 04:03)gjviii Wrote: @lukemb
Being new to the forum here, I may be missing the answer to this question, but I did read the 6 pages and I don't believe its mentioned, so I will ask

do you guys support streaming internet content?

thanks for any response

5 posts before yours. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1753609
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi6