• 2(current)
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi
damn it looks good :/ get that linux server port up and running m8! Smile
Just a little announcement here - a beta is up of our Media Browser add-on for Xbmc:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180

This will allow navigation of a Media Browser database within an xbmc interface.
Quick question. Does anyone here happen to have anymore information about music video support for xbmc? All I can find is this, which is listed as an in-progress article:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...sic_videos

I want to know what the folder structure should look like, the file naming conventions, whether or not xbmc tries to parse artist and song names from the files, etc. Thanks.
This sounds so awesome! keep up the good work. I currently use XBMC as clients connect to my central server, but being able to manage the metadata / media via an html5 interface is exactly what I have been looking for and couldn't find. I did not want to use Plex since I don't want everything to go through their servers with logins. This sounds perfect. Is there an e-mail list we could subscribe to, to be notified when the linux server is ready?

In what language is the linux server being developed? Seeing as my server runs on FreeBSD with ZFS?
Thanks to the testing efforts of a few dedicated users, I'd happy to announce much improved music metadata management in the latest version of our server. Not only do we recognize and save to xbmc image conventions, we also output to your music NFO's.

Here are some screenshots of it in action in our HTML 5 web client:

I just wanted to throw my support behind this project, it's incredible to finally have a local metadata manager for music. It's been a long few years of manually editing NFO's, so this is very welcome.

REALLY looking forward to Music Video support next Smile

Do you guys have an IRC channel for discussion / updates?
Have to say this works extremely well; overall MediaBrowser3 really compliments my XBMC setups.
I have XBMC running on my existing devices (via OpenELEC on my Pi's and low-powered x86 boxes); and MB3 covering surface-area not already covered by XBMC (tablets/roku/web access/mobile phones/etc).
The combination is extremely satisfying. Very nice indeed.

'Watched-status' sync is handled by the Trakt plugin, which works excellently on both XBMC and MB3.

One question: if I make a change to metadata in MB3 (which produces a new XBMC NFO file), how do I push that change to XBMC? (ie, have XBMC 'know' to re-import the changed NFO file, without removing/re-adding the media item?)
Windows only, it should state clear on the front page of MB site that it run only on top of Microsoft crapware.

(I'm, guessing you're affiliate with the project from all the "we" at the quote)
(2013-10-10, 19:06)lukemb Wrote: We have recently rebuilt our open source media center into a client-server architecture. We have transcoding, metadata management, user profiles, recommendation engines, etc. We have a publicly exposed api that we have used to attract developers for a whole range of platforms:
Windows only for now. Linux port is in progress.
(2013-12-02, 18:15)dhead Wrote: Windows only, it should state clear on the front page of MB site that it run only on top of Microsoft crapware.

Trust me, this project is a more-than-good-enough excuse to run Windows on one box.

And as Luke says, you'll get your Linux soon enough.
@lukemb & @kreeturez

Thanks for your responses, I eager to try MB on Linux.

I recommend to keep low powered Arm devices in mind when porting MB to Linux (mainly RAM consumption).
While transcoding may not be feasible without using a hw encoder for everything else such platforms will do great.

For example my current application server is a Cubieboard 2 with 1GB RAM and the dual core Allwinner A20 which is connected to an usb hd.
I running on top of it multiple services without a hiccup like: Crashplan (backing over 200GB), CherryMusic, OpenVPN Server, Transmission, CouchPotato, Sickbeard, HTPC-Manager, NFS and more.

I'll probably upgrade it to one of the two Cubox-i eSATA models as the Allwinner seems to overheat without proper cooling and the Cubox-i devices support a port multiplier.
Our windows 8.1 tablet app has launched in the windows store, and it pairs nicely with our metadata manager, as well as xbmc add-on:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/...d3aefd5d06

I have been using this tool for a while now. MediaBrowser 3 is quick and efficient in obtaining the metadata and writing the data. I was using Media Center Master previously as I hadn't found a good compromise with the scrapers in XBMC. This has replaced that. Mediabrowser also scrapes Music, Artists and Albums to a high degree of efficiency. Using the Roku and iPhone apps, I am able to get my media out to clients throughout the house while still using XBMC as well, albeit with an Addon that allows me to syncronize with the Server. However I could access my library directly if I chose to as all the metadata including fanart is already made available..

The centralized server aspects of MediaBrowser3, multiple clients and XBMC are a godsend to me. I can custom tailor delivery as needed.
Thanks Wayne.

Our latest server release adds support for episodes stored directly in series folders without the use of season subfolders:

We can also display your missing or unaired episodes:

And another new thing we have is displaying specials inline within the seasons they aired in.

This can actually be controlled on a per series basis, because you may want it for some series, but not others. You set it once and the changes are reflected in every Media Browser client.

I'm trying to install the server on my Windows 8.1 PC but the setup fails with an error. I keep getting "An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application'." When I go to that address in Chrome, it works fine. Not sure why it wont work through the exe. I also tried to change the firewall settings but no luck. My temp drive is not on my C: if that matters. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Browser - Streaming/Transcoding and managment server for Kodi6