xbmc/translations: how often is updated ?
My jworg pluin is now on transifex within xbmc addons project. Great thing, and more great if I see new 4 languages fully translated in just 2 days.

Now I'll start the official .po downloader and I ... think .. it's getting files NOT from transifex, but from github xmc/translations. Last update it's 4 days old. Ok, it's not a long time ...

I'd like to know if there is a way to download .po directly from Trasnisfex (in batch mode, not one by one )

My new version is ready, but

- Transifex project has still old strings not more used
- xbmc/translations on github is even older.

... I need to force update in transifex, wait, again, for new strings will be translated and then wait a long time before github project will be updated...
Hi !

I've just had another sync (a sync does update Transifex AND the github account). I intend to do syncs weekly. It is a lot of web traffic to the Transifex system that is why I don't want to make more frequerent updates.
Please be patient and always use the the official language files downloader. Yes it does use the official translation github account of xbmc. Please do not download POs directly from Transiifex. We do some formatting and merging with the upstream language files. So the correct ones are the ones comming with the donload tool.

Please if you could do, use the converted PO formats, not the old XML ones.

Thanks and be patient please :-)

Cheers,
Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
1. First of all, thanks for all works
2. A webiste like transifex can affor a big traffica volume, I think it's not a problem if the sync it's made more often, but, of course, I'll wait.
3. I'll use new .po even for english (and italian, that is the really starting language)

The problem is the development flow;

* I make an update to my code, and often this require new strings
* I must wait (max) a week that transifex will be updated
* I'll wait new strings will be translated
* I'll wait another week that new translated string will be synced to github repo
* I'll release my code, and I'll wait one-2 days to new feature will be available to official repo.

This is a good thing to not release very oftten, but we're developing addons, and scraping often require 2-3-4 monthly update to our xpath or regexp do tue changes into website we're data-mining from. Also, a lot of plugin are in early stage (mine is at 0.2.0 wait so long just for 0.2.1 just for adding updated language file, no new feature ... )

BUT I'll be patient, I promise, And thanks again for all of your work.
Can I request, at least, to force import my updated english.po string file into transifex? If yes, how?

If no .. there is a problem ...

This because my string file are 12 days old, and, to release next version, I'll need to wait for translations be completed, ... but if there are no new strings... how can I see other locales updated ?

New version of plugin could be ready in 1-2 days

.. please ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc/translations: how often is updated ?0