EMM not scrapping fanarts
The problem is the combination of all image types and VIDEO_TS, BDMV, single or not single movie folder.
Which mediacenter do you use?
Folder structure = C://Movies/28 Weeks Later
I have mostly .avi and .mkv files. I test the same folders as demos. Delete items, retry. Install, re-install Ember. No Video_TS files at all. I use Boxee for my media center, which recogizes fanart.jpg. That doesn't matter for the actual scrape. I've been using Ember for everything, then Thumbgen to add the fanart.jpg. Ember only reads <movie>-fanart.jpg for the Ember background, so I keep that there too. All movies have their own folders. There are no split movies.

I tried Media Companion, which was ok. But it likes to delete all of your custom items...often. Also, it doesn't show fanart.jpg either. There is an option, but it doesn't work unless I make all my items show as movie.tbn movie.jpg fanart.jpg. There is no mix and match as it says. So...back to Ember as I've had for years with my ups and downs. I think I've got it hammered down to just this problem, and everything else is actually fine. Gimmie fanart.jpg and I'll be pumped! I'd be happy to donate to the cause if I can get this thing stable.
Please upload AdvancedSettings.xml, Settings.xml and Media.emm to a filehoster of your choice, i will check that.
Pretty sure I still have a Rapidshare acct. I've literally tried every possible setting. It worked earlier only when I activated all the scrapers. Then nothing. I don't know that settings are going to help, because I keep changing everything. Just odd that it won't stick somehow.

XML Movie Scrapers doesn't show anything. TMDB scraper manual scrape just says nothing available. Native works on manual. Still, no fanart.jpg.

http://rapidshare.com/share/D330A5F39797...561E6F0D65
(2013-10-20, 03:38)McButton Wrote: Pretty sure I still have a Rapidshare acct. I've literally tried every possible setting. It worked earlier only when I activated all the scrapers. Then nothing. I don't know that settings are going to help, because I keep changing everything. Just odd that it won't stick somehow.

XML Movie Scrapers doesn't show anything. TMDB scraper manual scrape just says nothing available. Native works on manual. Still, no fanart.jpg.

http://rapidshare.com/share/D330A5F39797...561E6F0D65

I have found the main problem: The "Detect Only One Movie From Each Folder" option is not selected in the source settings.
So Ember assumes that you have several movies in a folder. In this setting, each movie would override the "fanart.jpg". Therefore Ember ignored this naming.

Set the hook properly and update the database.
Woah. Winner! After all this dang time. Took like 2 years to figure that out. I've spent sooo much time messing with settings and didn't put that together. I can delete all the other programs I use now. Thanks for all the work you do. Got a PayPal link? Let's keep this thing going.

Found it. It's in that heart icon I always ignore Big Grin

Does the $$ just go to you or does it distribute somehow?

Also, is there a "check for updates" button somewhere in Ember?
Hehe Cool

The donations will go directly to me. I share the money at the end of year with m.savazzi and Cocotus on (after deduction of the server costs).
Thx!
$10 out. Thanks for the assist!
Just an update on this thread as a post by Zacgates fixed my fanart scraping issue by disabling the "Image Cache". You can follow his post and followup here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1560887

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMM not scrapping fanarts1