Win XBMC Freeze after enter in music menu
Hi. Windows 7 64-bit Fresh install XBMC 12.2. and when enter the music menu or submenus xbmc freeze. Movies works great. I try to change driver for video card, disabled antywirus, firewall and other programs. I try run in portable mode. xbmc.log not show any error:

http://pastebin.com/F539BZd6
Exactly the same situation! windows 64 bit and latest xbmc version.

I also tried to downgrade xbmc to version 12.0 , but I have the same problem....
Same problem here after 2 formats but i'm running windows 8.1. I cant even add a music source without it freezing ive used all skins and right now im using aeon mq5.Fresh format, fresh install, add source, frozen.
hello everybody,

i have the same problem since frodo. i've hoped that it was fixed with gotham but still got the problem.
tried different things but still didn't work. Sad
Same here. 64bit windows 7 Pro
xbmc gotham 13.1 RC1 (and older) just freeze when entering the "music" menu from the home screen. anything else works just fine.
attempts to downgrade, removing the installation dir, the %appdata% dir, the registry and all, DID NOT FIX the problem.

im pretty lost and dont get it how this problem can last for so long and not have been seen and fixed yet. its massive i think.

at least im glad that im not the only one where this is happening.

oh and btw: i run multiple computers with the same version of xbmc where it seems to be NO PROBLEM AT ALL. just on the HP Elite book notebook it fucks up like that.

-

Did anyone report this problem to the xbmc bug tracker system yet?
I am also having this problem. Has anyone found a solution
same here
had luck once before when i changed hdmi to or from direct sound (cant remember which way)
but now on both settings the pc needs to be hard reset to respond
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
so what happens when you move your MyMusic##.db out of the %appdata%/userdata/database folder, open up XBMC, and then go to the Music section?
did that and again it completely freezes the PC
and even if the PC reacts to Ctrl Shift ESC and I get a pop up window to terminate the process a few times, it does not do it
will run debug an post the log here
14:51:42 T:5692 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 109 weather tokens
14:51:42 T:5932 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x50, sym: 0x0112, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
14:51:42 T:5932 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10501
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyMusicSongs.xml) ------
14:51:46 T:5932 INFO: Loading skin file: MyMusicSongs.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
14:51:46 T:5932 DEBUG: RetrieveMusicInfo() took 0 msec
14:52:11 T:4428 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 4428 terminating (autodelete)
14:52:12 T:5692 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 5692 terminating (autodelete)

after this it just freezes
hrmmmm i have no idea. can you post your sources.xml?
could that be because the files are on an external drive what needs to wake up first (norm less than 5 sec incl spinning up)?

I tested it with Confluence skin and it froze too
next try:
I went to the music sub menu "files" instead and it worked after the few seconds wake up time
back to main and into music and it worked instantly
exit Kodi and restart went back into music and freeze
reboot
I went to the sub menu "files" instead and it worked after the few seconds wake up time again

so I think I can establish a pattern here
looks like music freezes when it experiences a sleeping USB drive
I found a post what sheds some more light on the external Toshiba usb drive situation

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Ac...d-p/476111

gets interesting in the middle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freeze after enter in music menu1