Solved xbmc 12.2 crash on ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10
Hello,
I am facing a problem with xbmc 12.2 which crashes at startup on ubuntu 13.04 (and also in 13.10 beta)

I found that xbmc works if I unset the environment variable "GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL"

Code:
:~$ GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL='' xbmc

When I launch xbmc from a new terminal session (i.e. with GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL unchanged and set to its value "/run/user/xxx/keyring-yyyy")
I get the following error:

Code:
~$ xbmc
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/pippo0312/xbmc_crashlog-20131012_120032.log

the content of the log file is the following:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68655

The crash does not depend on hardware details of the system, since I get exactly the same error on at least four different PC with ubuntu 13.04 64-bits.
All systems have been updated from ubuntu 12.10 -> 13.04 (and recently to 13.10 beta).
So I suspect the reason for the crash is some configuration in the keyring left-over during the system upgrade.

I tried also a clean installation of ubuntu 13.04 (in virtualbox) and xbmc starts correctly.

Is someone else facing this problem ? Is seems to me a quite general issue, since I am experiencing it on many independent machines
Hello,
I found that the crash of XBMC was due to a conflict with a VPN client application from Astrill.

Astrill developers are looking into the problem.
In the meanwhile a workaround is to remove (or rename) the file /etc/ld.so.preload which is used by Astrill for OpenWeb proxying with chrome browser

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc 12.2 crash on ubuntu 13.04 and 13.100