Oraganising "Dads" and "Kids" movies
For years, I've simply used Confluence and had a folder called "Kid's Movies" and a folder called "Dad's Movies". I set those folders as favourites so they were easily accessed.

Now my eyes have been opened to the wonders of Aeon Nox and I thought I'd try to refine this set up.

At the moment, I've simply added Kids Movies and Dads Movies to the home menu.

It's OK, but because I'm viewing the movies in File view this way, rather than library, it doesn't group my movies into sets and I get useless info like file size and date added, rather than IMDB rating for example.

So what I want is to be able to access the two "folders" as now, but have the benefits of viewing in Library view.

I am aware that I could possibly achieve this using Playlists. But we have 4 streamers in the house, and I'd have to muck about with each one every time I added a movie.

Is there a simple solution to achieve what I want?

Many thanks.
You're right on track. Smart playlists is the only way to do it. Once you set it up on one, you should be able to copy the playlist xmls across devices.
I have one folder called movies. I then use "tags" to put them into groups. This gives me more control compared to smart playlists (my daughter doesn't like all kids movies, or movies rated G). The downside is it's not automatic. If u add a new movie you will have to manually tag it. It's not that hard especially if u make a shortcut on a submenu (for me it's under systems). You can also use this to organize tv shows into kids and adults.
Thanks...I have been playing with this all afternoon and realised that Smart Playlists is the only answer and less work than I thought. I thought I woudl have to tag every movies as I added them.

However I realise now there is an option to set "path" "is" option for a smart playlist (so in effect, I select the Kids Movies folder I have on my NAS and that is the playlist).

Delighted!

Now, if only I could find a way of automatically updating my libraries that didn't causes freezes or crashing (Watchdog and Library Auto Update both give me issues), I would be ecstatic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Oraganising "Dads" and "Kids" movies0