Mavericks Airplay Display Support
One of the most exciting features of Mavericks for me is the Airplay display support. My hope was that I could have XBMC full screen on my HDTV using the new Airplay Display feature, and continue to do other tasks on my macbook's screen.

However, when I tested this out there were a few problems. 1) when I go fullscreen with window on my Airplay display, it automatically goes full screen on my MacBook screen, rather than the TV. 2) when I have xbmc on my Airplay display (not full screen due to point 1) the audio comes through my Mac speakers rather than the TV.

I initially tested out the Airplay Display feature with VLC watching mkv files and it worked flawlessly. If the VLC window was on my TV and I went to full screen, it would be full screen on my TV, and the audio came through the TV speakers.

I'm not sure if there is an immediate fix, but this should be something considered for Gotham.
I think Memphiz is working on this with some new window handling stuff. If I understood it correctly, it will allow XBMC to take advantage of the native APIs relating to full screen, and I think that will also apply to airplaying applications on Mac OS X to ATV2/3's.
(2013-11-03, 17:57)Ned Scott Wrote: I think Memphiz is working on this with some new window handling stuff. If I understood it correctly, it will allow XBMC to take advantage of the native APIs relating to full screen, and I think that will also apply to airplaying applications on Mac OS X to ATV2/3's.

Cool, I look forward to seeing these improvements.
I found a fix where by you set the secondary monitor to your tv to your primary one.

Go to airplay icon ---> select your device (your tv) ---> choose extended display

Then open display preferences and on your mac choose arrangement.

Then you will see the two blue boxes , one will have a grey toolbar at the top. Drag that grey toolbar onto the other blue box that will then make your tv the primary display and your apple tv the secondary.

Now when you load up XBMC the big black bars at the side should be gone and XBMC will display full screen on your TV
Im not very technical

I have xbmc wizard running on a PIVO'S XIOS. I have enabled airplay in the services confluence menu. When I click the airplay box on my mac, it only shows my apple tv (which runs really fritzy using airplay) and not xbmc airplay. Am i missing something or is there another solution to this, or is it even possible to airplay my mac to xbmc through pivos?

Thanks for any help...
(2013-11-12, 07:01)xbmctaxi Wrote: Im not very technical

I have xbmc wizard running on a PIVO'S XIOS. I have enabled airplay in the services confluence menu. When I click the airplay box on my mac, it only shows my apple tv (which runs really fritzy using airplay) and not xbmc airplay. Am i missing something or is there another solution to this, or is it even possible to airplay my mac to xbmc through pivos?

Thanks for any help...

AirPlay in XBMC only works with videos, music, and pictures. AirPlay Mirroring isn't supported, which is what is used from OSX.
Does the audio work on the tv when you use the "Default" audio device in xbmc?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You could try this test build here and report back:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

but keep in mind that this build will show a lot of strange issues. This code is pretty early and i am not sure if i will make it till gotham (alot of rl going on atm) ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mavericks Airplay Display Support0