Auto torrent dearchive and move
Was looking for a long time to find a method to auto extract my files and move, finally found a home written app in the archives of the torrent site I use which has worked perfectly. Figured Id share:

Quote:Since i couldn't find anything that would auto-extract when a torrent was down downloading, I made a program that monitors my torrent directory, extracts movies and TV shows to a default location and renames the file to the appropriate name(does great 99% of the time with renaming). It doesn’t install anything it just runs as a standalone EXE.

Here’s ver 1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/file/0x1u1rd2rd...onitor.exe (It will reset your settings, sorry but I had to for this go around, it won’t with any other updates)

See below for change log

The details:
- it’s made in Visual Basic, you need UNRAR.EXE, and I’ve only tested it on Windows 7 32&64bit. On my 64bit I did have to download some .Net or Virtual Studio package to run it(I can’t remember what it was), other than that it’s never thrown any errors or used up much memory, even after a months of running. It minimizes or hides to the system icon tray so it’ll stay out of the way and do its job.
-YOU MUST have your torrent program move the torrent files, once it’s done downloading, to a completed directory, and have the program monitor the completed folder for torrents.
-It has a queue, however it only extracts one torrent at a time, as to not noticeably slow the system. However 90% of the time it never has to use the queue since the torrents extract pretty quick.
-If a video isn’t in a rar it will just COPY it from the torrent directory, if it’s in a RAR it’ll unrar it and move the files to the appropriate folders.
-If you have the folder structure setup(TV SHOW NAMESeason #), it'll put TV shows in their correct folder/season as well as rename it appropriately. If it doesn’t find the TV Show name folder, it’ll dump the file into a default directory, and renamed appropriately.
- For movies, it just dumps them into a default directory and renamed appropriately.
-The renaming is based off the Torrent name, not the rar’d file name because the torrent name typically has more information and isn’t summarized. The Naming convention has different fields Movies(Name Year HD), TV shows(Name Season Episode Title HD) that can you move around or delete to fit your needs or even add things into there, say if you wanted an E infront of the TV shows or Dots instead of Dashes with spaces. Ex: “E.{Name}.{Title}.{Season}.{Episode}.{HD}” it just replaces what’s in the brackets

IE:
The.Walking.Dead.S02E04.HDTV.XviD-ASAP = The Walking Dead - S01 - 04
Transformers.Prime.S01E26.One.Shall.Rise.Pt.3.720p.WEB-DL-Reaperza = Transformers Prime - S01 - 26 - One Shall Rise Pt 3 - HD 720p
Conan.The.Barbarian.2011.BDRip.XviD.AC3-FUSiON = Conan The Barbarian 2011
Horrible.Bosses.Extended 2011 BDRip XvidHD 720P-NPW = Horrible Bosses Extended 2011 - HD 720p

Other Features:
-Double click a torrent to open the directory it’s located
-Right click a torrent to: Play, open source directory, change group, or remove the torrent from the list
-Right Click the system icon and it can add itself into windows startup or remove itself(tries registry first, then tries startmenu)
-Groups the torrent (Completed, Error, Queried, Extracting, Other) Other is for if you don’t have the Process All torrents boxed checked, it will try and determine if it’s a TV or MOVIE, if it’s not it won’t try and extract it and it’ll be put into this group. From there you can remove or if it IS a movie, r-click change group and add it back into the queue and it’ll process the torrent.
-Can use window notifications
-Look for new torrents button will look at the newest torrent it has loaded, and see if there’s any newer torrents in the directory to load. (incase it wasn’t running and you decide to load it up after you downloaded 20+ new movies that you don’t want to manually extract)
-Override toggle – The program checks to see if the file name exists, if it does the new file will override the old one if this is checked. If not then the program will still move the movie/tv show, just not rename the file.
-Cleanup extracted files Toggle – If checked it will remove any leftover files that were in the rar and removes the directory they were extracted to(by default they are extracted to “(TorrentNameDir)Extracted Files”)

Other notes: After my son decided to hit my power button on the computer about 10 times, Windows BSOD and the program’s settings file got corrupted and I could no longer open the program. Since then I’ve added checks to opening the program, and it will make a backup of the config file each time it opens if it’s a valid file(over-rides last backup). So now if it has an error in the config, it will load from the backup file, so you won’t have to redo your settings and you’ll still have most of your torrents loaded.

Also there are a couple hidden Columns at right side of the Status column, "When file was created" and "Path of Extracted FIles". The other 2 Date & Time columns are the last time the program did something with that entry, so those can change. The Path of Extracted files will show the path and the name of the file, if there was more than one file moved it'll just show the path.

Changes:
Ver 1.1 :
- Added Column for destination folder and name(hidden at end of column list)
- Changed Double-Click to open Destination Directory vs Source
- Added Play and open Source Dir to Right-Click menu
-Makes a backup of the config file each time the program is open, in case of corrupt config file
-Checks for TV shows first, using the TV filter string in the advanced settings
-a few other small misc items that I can’t remember…

Couple of notes from my experience
- had to reboot after unrar install in order for it to not get an "error extracting"
- Can change the TV episode format in the advanced settings to replace the " - " with an "E" for S01E04
- It checked the folder for the actual .torrent file, so make sure you have the app set to save your torrent files themselves to a location after completing.
- have it set to move my movies and TV shows and then I run Media Companion to scrape them. Will use Ember once 1.4 comes out for autoscraping and between RSS feeds, this app, and Ember should have a completely automated media center.

The person who wrote the app seems like a nice guy, if there are big questions of the dev side I could probably point him here. Only additional feature Id like to see if auto-moving MP3s to a folder so Bliss will sort them into folders for me.
Thank you for this! I was looking for a simple way to extract and copy downloaded files into my library folders, and this application does the trick perfectly!

I couldn't find the original link or information about the author of the program anywhere. May I kindly ask you to point me where can I drop an email to author and maybe ask for a couple of minor features (would like to ask for a flag NOT to rename files).
Thank you for this. I have tried this little app out since it does exactly what I need. The biggest thing that jumped out to me versus other unpackers is the ability to COPY files that don't need to be unpacked. Unfortunately that part isn't working for me. I am on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box which is 64 bit so I may need some specific version of .net framework to make this work. One of the first comments was that the user tested Windows 7 x64 and had to load something for it to work.

If anyone has played with this or knows how I can contact the developer, please let me know!
I've no idea how this little program of mine made it here(posted it on revolutiontt.me) but if you guys still want anything modified i can do that for you. I've not looked at the code in 3-4 years but i'm sure i could modify whatever you guys want, i just don't have much time anymore with kids in the picture now...

Funny when you made something a few years ago then randomly find it out there on the net lol.

PS: i seem to be to new(?) but i can't send the other people a PM or email so hope they subscribed to this thread...
I use SCRU (The SCene Release Unpacker)... Its not longer being developed but still works fine.
http://www.codebyte.org/
If anyone goes to Windows 10 and is using this I could not get it to work without "Taking Control" of my drives.

The new security of Windows 10 is over the top for my tastes, but think it's finally to the point where my account is actually a true admin of my computer.
(2015-06-29, 05:26)empyrials Wrote: I've no idea how this little program of mine made it here(posted it on revolutiontt.me) but if you guys still want anything modified i can do that for you. I've not looked at the code in 3-4 years but i'm sure i could modify whatever you guys want, i just don't have much time anymore with kids in the picture now...

Funny when you made something a few years ago then randomly find it out there on the net lol.

PS: i seem to be to new(?) but i can't send the other people a PM or email so hope they subscribed to this thread...

The app is amazing and does exactly what I need it to, for the most part - thank you! Have you considered open-sourcing it at all? I would love to tinker with it and make it more customized to my needs Smile
(2015-08-17, 04:49)Chaotix Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 05:26)empyrials Wrote: I've no idea how this little program of mine made it here(posted it on revolutiontt.me) but if you guys still want anything modified i can do that for you. I've not looked at the code in 3-4 years but i'm sure i could modify whatever you guys want, i just don't have much time anymore with kids in the picture now...

The app is amazing and does exactly what I need it to, for the most part - thank you! Have you considered open-sourcing it at all? I would love to tinker with it and make it more customized to my needs Smile

sure i could put it on git or something. I'ts not pretty though, and I don't think there are any comments in it either. It was my first program that actually did something useful and there were a lot of trial and errors so i was constantly changing it, not really an excuses for not commenting it but it just never happened... Maybe it's one of those things that are better not reviled? lol I'll try and post it this weekend, no promises though.

As for Windows 10, i've no idea. I'm sure it would just take updating a couple things and getting the newest Visual Studio
(2015-08-18, 15:51)empyrials Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 04:49)Chaotix Wrote:

sure i could put it on git or something. I'ts not pretty though, and I don't think there are any comments in it either. It was my first program that actually did something useful and there were a lot of trial and errors so i was constantly changing it, not really an excuses for not commenting it but it just never happened... Maybe it's one of those things that are better not reviled? lol I'll try and post it this weekend, no promises though.

As for Windows 10, i've no idea. I'm sure it would just take updating a couple things and getting the newest Visual Studio

Oh geez, don't be embarassed or anything. You made an amazing tool used by literally 1000's of people. SCRU didn't work very well for me - this tool did. Let us know when its available! It may become one of the most-used tools out there if open sourced! Again, thanks for making it.
Here you go. Let me know if there's any issues.

https://github.com/empyrials/TorrentAutoExtractor
(2015-08-30, 04:29)empyrials Wrote: Here you go. Let me know if there's any issues.

https://github.com/empyrials/TorrentAutoExtractor

You are a gentleman, and a scholar. Cool Thanks for sharing!
As an update for Windows 10- if you create a shortcut to Torrent_Monitor, edit the shortcut to run as administrator, and put the shortcut in your startup folder everything works great.
(2015-09-02, 05:56)Isomil Wrote: As an update for Windows 10- if you create a shortcut to Torrent_Monitor, edit the shortcut to run as administrator, and put the shortcut in your startup folder everything works great.

good to know, however i'm confused about the reasoning to run as admin... This program doesn't require admin privs so there should be NO REASON to give it admin. My job is to get into places i'm not suppose to be... that said most programs should never need admin privs. Once i finally upgrade to Windows 10, maybe a year lol, i may check into why windows 10 requires admin...

EDIT: I'm not sure if this was ever said, however i made this tool for the way Revolutiontt.me does their torrent naming. Other sites do theirs differently. I'm sure you could have another option box for dividing the name of a torrent and figuring out what's a title, vs a Season or Episode Number.
Now that it's on Github, anyone have anything they would like to see added feature-wise?
- Think it would be nice to be able to launch something after extraction completes. I have Media Companion set to scrape on a time interval, but would be great if I can able to just launch a TV or movie scrape after the file extracted.
- Every now and then if too many torrents finish at the same time it hits an error extracting, which after restarting it in the queue works fine. May just be me, but that's really the only issue I've ever had with it.

Still my favorite tool due to the simplicity and narrow scope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto torrent dearchive and move1