HDMI-CEC ignore power-off?
Running Kodi v14 on Android. I have Android setup to receive commands via HDMI-CEC.

The problem is, every time I turn the TV off, it puts the Android box to sleep (due to the CEC power off).

I was just about to go into the keyboard.xml file and see if commenting-out the <power> node would fix this issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate the "keyboard.xml" file any longer in Kodi/Android. Searching the entire OS, all I see is the cached file:

Code:
/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

I'm not referring to the userdata keymap, which would be used for overrides (and is documented in the FAQ and everywhere on the forums). Unfortunately, I'm looking for the system/keyboard.xml, so that I can comment-out.

Or perhaps I could just add a keyboard.xml to the userdata/keymaps path, and instead of commenting out, just put some sort of void command in the <power> attribute.

Of course I'm not even sure if this will work with CEC, which is why I've posted here. I don't know if anyone has tried this, or knows the best approach.

Thank you in advance!
RKM
Unfortunately, all the android boxes I know handles CEC in firmware, so we cannot use libcec and have proper control on what's happening.
Thus changing the Kodi mapping file won't help.
Ah, okay, so the CEC command that is putting the Android box to "sleep" is being done at the OS level, outside of Kodi's control.

I hope I'm understanding correctly. Thank you very much for clarifying.

Now that I'm curious, and still cannot find on the forums, can you tell me where the *system* keyboard.xml file went on Android? Having searched, I'm not sure how I'm missing it. I'm sure it's a newb thing, but I can't find any posts showing it!

Also, I noticed the SolidRun's forums have someone that seems to imply that Kodi is intercepting the CEC commands on their box.

I have a SolidRun around here somewhere, I could test, but it looks like others have used this successfully, and perhaps it makes no difference for other Android boxes..
The "system" keymap is the one you mention.
User keymaps should go to "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/keymaps", though

Re SolidRun, it might be. As I said, this is totally firmware dependent, so it is possible SolidRun is letting Kodi handles CEC on their droid firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI-CEC ignore power-off?0