Solved 720p Stuttering - Pause Fixes
I have Frodo running on Linux Mint 13 ('buntu 12.04), 4GB mem on Intel Sandy Bridge.

I have a stuttering problem with HD content. It plays fine out of xbmc. In xbmc it will start and immediately stutter with no sound and look kind of like super slow-mo. Then if I pause and un-pause a couple of times it will play fine. This is with files on a local drive. I've tried changing video settings around in xbmc with no results. At first I thought it was a mkv issue but it seems more likely that it has something to do with .264.

Anyone seen this?
Quite likely you have XBMC's audio settings set up wrong. Post a debug log and tell us how your audio works (eg HDMI to TV, optical to amplifier etc)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It is the sound. The problem happens if I select "Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver".

I have an optical cable going to my Dolby Digital capable receiver (It's about a 10 yr. old Onkyo). I have a 5.1 setup so that's what I have selected in xbmc.

log file:

http://pastebin.com/3fq9yPUE

The action starts around line 892. I see problems around 1050.
Anybody?
Well then show us a screenshot of the audio settings screen.
Screenshots are taken by connecting a keyboard and pressing the prtscr key, or mapping a key on the remote to prtscr.

Sometimes you need two shots to capture all the audio settings page, as it scrolls off the screen in most skins.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The remote is the record button.
If mapped properly.
By default any mce type remote is that way, but I suppose setups may vary.
If you want passthrough on Ubuntu 12.04:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins

Pulseaudio needs to go
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks guys, Pulseaudio was selected as my output, but my digital out was selected for passthrough. I changed the Pulseaudio setting to my digital out and the stuttering is gone! And I still have Dolby digital showing on the receiver.

I've had this problem for something like 2 yrs. I've tried every conceivable change in the past to no avail. I just shelved the problem for a while. Anyway something in xbmc must have changed because it's all good now. I did have audio out through my TV to teh receiver over HDMI for a while & I think I couldn't get digital that way. Maybe this got mixed up with those problems.

Anyway, thanks again. This has been a minor annoyance for so long...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p Stuttering - Pause Fixes0