How to set the background color in the playback screen?
If a video is played in full screen mode and the aspect ratio of the video is not 16:9, the rest of the screen (or in other words: the background color) will be black. I want to set this color to middle gray, which is a good background color for plasma TVs. Does anyone know how to do this in Transparency?

Thanks.
i've looked into this before, but couldn't find a way to do it.
most likely, it's just not possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
<blackbarcolour> in advancedsettings.xml will do the job.
(2013-10-14, 09:21)ezechiel1917 Wrote: <blackbarcolour> in advancedsettings.xml will do the job.

It works! Rofl

Thank you!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <blackbarcolour>128</blackbarcolour>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
I just tried this solution, but the setting seems to be ignored. Using the latest Raspbmc-Version. Any idea? I'd love to use this for my Plasma-TV.
(2014-01-06, 20:59)dantist Wrote: I just tried this solution, but the setting seems to be ignored. Using the latest Raspbmc-Version. Any idea? I'd love to use this for my Plasma-TV.
Is this truly getting ignored? Check the debug.log to see what is going on, and if your advanced settings.xml is being read.
Yes, the advancedsettings.xml is read since I use it for various stuff which all works fine. Only the bars won't turn grey. Do I need to change something in the video settings menu as well? And does this option work with a RPi anyway?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <video>
                <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
                <timeseekforward>60</timeseekforward>
                <timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
                <timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>
                <timeseekbackwardbig>-180</timeseekbackwardbig>
                <blackbarcolour>128</blackbarcolour>
        </video>
        <audio>
                <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
        </audio>
        <loglevel>1</loglevel>
        <videolibrary>
                <dateadded>0</dateadded>
        </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Is this maybe dependent on other video settings? I updated to OpenELEC 4.0 recently and it is still not working, and it's the only setting of my config that is ignored.
Could be the video has encoded within black bars to fill the stated aspect. This function within advancedsettings.xml is still working, just checked it out with Gotham 13.1
The videos are fine, they are encoded 4:3 and are stretched to full size if this is configured in the 4:3 video settings. So it must be something else..

I really hope to get this feature running because my Plasma TV has quite a sensitive panel. Here's a log of the boot sequence from just now: http://pastebin.com/YLVzEXXU

Thanks a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set the background color in the playback screen?0