Release Guardian Video plugin
Hi all,

I made a plugin to watch video news and features from The Guardian.

UPDATE: This plugin is available in the official XBMC repository.

Source code can be found at github:
https://github.com/nightflyer73/plugin.video.guardian

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Bye!
I've just pushed v1.0.1.

Changelog:
- updated required python API version to 2.1.0. This addon should now work with both XBMC 12 (Frodo) and XBMC 13 (Gotham).
This addon is now included in the XBMC repository.
Can't find it on the XBMC official repository.
(2014-06-13, 18:54)mujunk Wrote: Can't find it on the XBMC official repository.

System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> The Guardian
(2014-06-13, 20:01)nightflyer Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 18:54)mujunk Wrote: Can't find it on the XBMC official repository.

System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> The Guardian

Thanks. I was looking under "G" instead of "T".
Works Great. Well done mate!
It might be worth dropping the "The" from the addon title. Your Call.
I've just requested a push for v1.0.2.

Changelog:
- updated HTML parsing due to upstream changes.
- youtube video are now supported through external addon.
I pushed version 1.2.1 to the official Kodi repository.

Changelog:

- Fixed videos in "documentaries" section.
- Fixed thumbnail handling.
- Added log messages.
- Minor changes.
Hi, I love The Guardian's content so I was excited to see this add-on. I installed this on Kodi 17.6, which I sideloaded on my 4K AppleTV. My other Kodi plug-ins work fine. This is the only one that doesn't play.  I am able to navigate categories, but when I select something to play, I get an error. What am I missing?  

Here are the relevant lines from the log.

Thanks for any feedback!  This looks great.
Code:
deleted
1. please use pastebin or similar, no logs on the forum. Yours is deleted as it is no good to us anyway (see 2)

2. please post a complete debug log, no partial logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oops, sorry about that. I wasn't aware. Here is the full log.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26493498/
My Kodi installation is new and pretty clean, only a handful of add-ons enabled thus far, all from the official repo. 
Thanks for any pointers.
(2018-01-31, 06:17)Fofer Wrote: Hi, I love The Guardian's content so I was excited to see this add-on. I installed this on Kodi 17.6, which I sideloaded on my 4K AppleTV. My other Kodi plug-ins work fine. This is the only one that doesn't play.  I am able to navigate categories, but when I select something to play, I get an error. What am I missing?  
Hi! You're not missing anything. The Guardian recently changed the HTML code of the web site and the plugin had to be amended. I already have a new working version but I'm struggling to find the time to push the changes to github and submit the update to the official kodi repo (for all my addons).

Please follow this thread for updates.
Thanks so much, nightflyer.  At least I can rest easy knowing the issue isn't on my end.  I appreciate that, and will wait patiently for any update that you eventually find time to share.
I pushed version 1.2.2 to the official Kodi repository.

Changelog:
- Updated page parsing because of upstream HTML changes.
- Added li.setInfo video for Kodi 18.
- Updated icon.
Just checked it out and it's working great for me now.  Thanks so much nightflyer!  I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guardian Video plugin0