in progress playlist as widget ?
Hello,

I'm trying to include a playlist watching my currently in progress movies (without the kid's movies ) in the home menu as widget

I made the playlist and this playlist is sorted as expected but if I want to show it as a widget (widget 1 if it matters), I select "in progress" as type in the smartplaylist manager but when coming back it shows 'Movie Last' and the result is the same as "last movies" (sorry if this is not the exact labels, my xbmc is in french). And the result is a "in progress" movie but sorted with the date added and not the last played.

Is it possible to have a playlist sorted with the last played order?

thanks
Alright, I'm attempting something similar to what you're trying to do this evening. From what I understand (and this may be incorrect) you need to add the playlist under playlist manager. Go to Skin Settings / Customize Main Menu then click the up arrow to bring up the other options. Scroll down to Playlist Manager and add your playlist to a slot. Then select the menu option you want to add a widget to and you should see the playlist in the list of options.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing - you need Skin Widgets to do this. Go to Settings / Addons / Services / Skin Widgets and install it.

I will update this evening if that is not exactly correct, but here is an example hopefully better explained.

Let's say I setup a playlist called No Kids with rules Path does not contain smb:\\nas1\Kids Movies and inprogress true

This playlist will now only show movies that are in progress and not associated with any file inside Kids Movies folder

In this example I want to see a widget over my Movies tab on the main screen

Select Settings / Skin / Customize Main Menu (backgrounds & widgets)

Click the up arrow on keyboard or up pad on a remote to bring up additional options

At the bottom there is a playlist manager, select it and hit enter - then you will see slots - click to add a playlist to a slot choose your playlist No Kids then click back

Select the Movies tab and hit enter, choose 1st widget and select your No Kids playlist from the options
See 6.6

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Aeon_Nox
Hi

thanks for your help,..

But it is exactly what I done (as explained, I have the playlist as a widget in my home screen, so I correctly registered it in the playlist manager)

My problem is that the playlist seems to be overloaded by a filter that is "Last Movies" and not "in progress"

so if I take your example :

"a playlist called No Kids with rules Path does not contain smb:\\nas1\Kids Movies and inprogress true"

if you select "in progress" as widget type, it will in fact only show you the 8 "more recent (last added) movies" of your playlist and not the 8 more recently watching (as I was expected)

It means that if for some reason, you had 9 movies with the watching status, and that the movie that you watched the last was older than the 8 others, it will not be shown
Have you thought of just adding the playlist to submenu? I'm pretty sure you can set it up correctly as a widget, but what I have done is used custom submenu and added my in progress TV playlist as a submenu item. Will look this evening to see where you are having an issue, I never attempted a widget because submenu works find for me but I will give it a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
in progress playlist as widget ?0