TV Shows don't show up in Main Menu and Library
Hello, Im a new user so forgive me if I've missed something important (although I think I haven't). Im running W7 x64 and latest version of XBMC.

After I installed XBMC, I added source for Movies (and everything works as it should) and then I tried to add source for TV Shows. My file structure is following: X:\Media\TV Shows\Name of the show\Season ##\Name of the show.s##e##.episode name.ext. Im using TVRename for renaming TV shows, so their names should be correct, as they are being downloaded from TheTVDB. As far as I know, this should meet the XBMC pattern and any text following episode number (episode name in my case) should be ignored (and thus shouldn't matter). So I chose X:\Media\TV Shows folder as a source, set it up for TV Shows type (with default scraper - TheTVDB). XBMC did the scan and everything seemed the same as with Movies. The problem is that I can't get the TV Shows option to show up in Main Menu and TV Shows aren't show in Video Library either. I can access them only via Video -> Files. In the skin options, the option to show TV Shows in the main menu is greyed out, so it seems to me the problem is that XBMC for some reason does not consider my TV shows as TV shows.

Can anyone give me a hint about what I've done wrong? Thanks a lot.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Use Videos > Files and open the context menu for your "TV Shows" folder (X:\Media\TV Shows) by clicking "c" on the keyboard or using your right mouse button. Select "Scan for new content" and see if the shows and episodes get added to your library.

If not, then enable debug logging in XBMC and repeat the steps above. Upload a copy of your debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here so folks can review it for clues as to why it's not working for you.
Ive tried this before and it didnt help, but I tried it once again anyway to be sure - still nothing. Here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=70088
Your show titles need to match what's listed on thetvdb.com. For example, you have "How I Met Your Mother (2005)", whereas thetvdb lists it as "How I Met Your Mother". In essence, you need to remove the "(year)" text from the end of all your TV show folder names (you can leave the year in the episode file names as this is ignored by the scraper). The only time you need to include "(year)" is if there are multiple series with the same name and the year is appended to distinguish them, as shown on thetvdb. An example of this is the series "Castle", where you need to use the show title "Castle (2009)" to distinguish the recent crime drama from a documentary series on castles in the UK.

To summarize, use the exact show title as listed on the thetvdb.com website for every TV show folder name.
By the way, before investing a lot of time in this effort, verify what I suggested works in your situation. Just rename a couple of show folders to remove the "(year)" text and do a library scan. If these shows/episodes are now added to your library, you can be confident that doing the same thing for the rest of your show folders will likewise allow them to be scanned into the library.
Works, thank you a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows don't show up in Main Menu and Library0