Solved Posters/fanart sometimes getting corrupted on download
I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or not (it very well could be) but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same thing happen to them.

Every once in a while I will get a corrupted poster/fanart when scraping a new or existing movie. I can tell it is corrupted because it gets cut off part-way down the image. I confirmed the file itself is actually corrupted as it looks the same when I open it with any image viewer. I don't see any related errors in the logs and I can usually just rescrape the same image and it comes through fine. The problem also seems to happen more often the longer I am using TMM, so I don't know if it is related to a memory leak or something like that. Quitting / reloading TMM also seems to clear the issue for a little while, but I can reproduce it pretty consistently. Anyone else ever get this issue, or am I alone?
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
(2013-10-15, 16:00)IceNine Wrote: I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or not (it very well could be) but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same thing happen to them.

Every once in a while I will get a corrupted poster/fanart when scraping a new or existing movie. I can tell it is corrupted because it gets cut off part-way down the image. I confirmed the file itself is actually corrupted as it looks the same when I open it with any image viewer. I don't see any related errors in the logs and I can usually just rescrape the same image and it comes through fine. The problem also seems to happen more often the longer I am using TMM, so I don't know if it is related to a memory leak or something like that. Quitting / reloading TMM also seems to clear the issue for a little while, but I can reproduce it pretty consistently. Anyone else ever get this issue, or am I alone?

I have not had this issue.
I guess the download got interrupted somehow.
But should not be influenced by TMM or memory...

Can you send me such invalid image?
Maybe we can detect this error with mediainfo or so...
And the tmm.log file of the day it happened.
Thanks.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2013-10-15, 17:09)myron Wrote: I guess the download got interrupted somehow.
But should not be influenced by TMM or memory...

Can you send me such invalid image?
Maybe we can detect this error with mediainfo or so...
And the tmm.log file of the day it happened.
Thanks.

I just reproduced the issue pretty easily. The process is Open TMM -> Pick a movie -> Search & Scrape -> Pick movie, poster and fanart -> See corrupt poster.

Here is the poster file and here are the logs from this process. The logs won't have anything else in them (except for on the first movie I just updated the poster, I didn't do a full scrape). It took less than 10 scrapes to reproduce the issue.

You can see how the poster is cut off about 2/3 of the way down, this is a typical result for what I am seeing. The fanart came through ok, but I have seen that be corrupted the same way in the past.
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
I've tested that with several movies and did not get it one time. But looking at the code gave me an idea what the problem could be.
Could you please test one thing for me?

1) clear url/http cache (Tools menu)
2) scrape movies until you get a corrupted imag
3) have a look at the cache/url directory inside the tmm directory and look if the image there is also corrupt

thanks
manuel
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2013-10-16, 11:02)mlaggner Wrote: I've tested that with several movies and did not get it one time. But looking at the code gave me an idea what the problem could be.
Could you please test one thing for me?

1) clear url/http cache (Tools menu)
2) scrape movies until you get a corrupted imag
3) have a look at the cache/url directory inside the tmm directory and look if the image there is also corrupt

thanks
manuel

I cleared the caches and duplicated the issue very easily.

It only took 4 scrapes for the issue to happen again this time. The poster was corrupt both on in the cache and in the movie folder itself. After the scrape with the corrupt poster, I quit TMM and saved the log and the poster. I started TMM up again to rescrape the movie to fix the poster and this time the poster was fine but the fanart was cut off. Here is the fanart from the cache folder and the log (which now includes both the first and second scrapes of the same movie). The third time was the charm, both images look fine now.
are you sure you sent me the right file?
here all files from the cache/url directory ends with .cache! do not pick these from the cache/image directory

I've just scraped about 100 movies and not one corrupt image Sad maybe my system is too fast Tongue
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2013-10-16, 19:49)mlaggner Wrote: are you sure you sent me the right file?
here all files from the cache/url directory ends with .cache! do not pick these from the cache/image directory

I've just scraped about 100 movies and not one corrupt image Sad maybe my system is too fast Tongue

Yup, I read your post too fast. Here is a zip of the entire url cache folder, containing only files made by a corrupted scrape and the associated image file.

It was easy to reproduce, happened on the first try after a fresh boot of TMM.
thanks for the files.. it confirms that the image download is not corrupted
and I think I found the problem - I'll try to find a solution
I think we could fix that in the latest nightly version - I will mark this thread as solved
(2013-10-15, 16:00)IceNine Wrote: I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or not (it very well could be) but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same thing happen to them.

Hi
I know this post is ancient but this issue has been happening to me for years. I choose a still for most of my fanart created by myself. After a short while images become pixelated in certain areas and a general loss of details. When I reload from original still it loads perfectly and the later corrupts again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters/fanart sometimes getting corrupted on download0