v15 Backdrops not downloaded automatically
Hi,

I am using Kodi 15.2 with Aeon MQ6 (though the problem already occured at least on MQ5 as well).

When the library is updated and a new movie discovered Kodi downloads the Case Art (The BluRay case) and the banner but not the backdrop (the huge picture in the background).
I can manually download the backdrop and everything is fine but I would like it to be done automatically as well.
Kodi always shows the "Default Fanart" (a picture of Star Trek in my case) but when I change the setting to "Extra Fanart" kodi switches between random backdrops every 5 seconds or so.

How can I set Kodi up to always download a backdrop that is fitting to the highlighted movie?

Thanks,
Kiesel
Is nobody answering because this is not possible or because the question is too stupid? Big Grin
For myself, I don't use MQ6, so I have no idea.
I'm using MQ6,
And every movie that I've scraped has a backdrop.
Perhaps there's a issue with your scraper or settings.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Thanks for the reply.
I don't know where to look else, I went to all the settings I could imagine had something to do with it but I obviously missed the mone I need.
(2016-02-19, 18:07)kiesel Wrote: Hi,

I am using Kodi 15.2 with Aeon MQ6 (though the problem already occured at least on MQ5 as well).

When the library is updated and a new movie discovered Kodi downloads the Case Art (The BluRay case) and the banner but not the backdrop (the huge picture in the background).
I can manually download the backdrop and everything is fine but I would like it to be done automatically as well.
Kodi always shows the "Default Fanart" (a picture of Star Trek in my case) but when I change the setting to "Extra Fanart" kodi switches between random backdrops every 5 seconds or so.

How can I set Kodi up to always download a backdrop that is fitting to the highlighted movie?

Thanks,
Kiesel
Do you have a folder for each movie ? If not I think extra fanart will cycle thru all the fanart in the default folder.
All movies are indeed in the same folder. Is there a way to tell kodi to not cycle through all the fanart but only show the one for the currently highlighted movie?
(2016-02-23, 12:09)kiesel Wrote: All movies are indeed in the same folder. Is there a way to tell kodi to not cycle through all the fanart but only show the one for the currently highlighted movie?

Go google "file2foldergui" it is a program that will look at your files (movies) and create a folder named just like each file name and move each individual file into it's folder.
Pretty handy little tool!
REMEMBER to first check your movie file names before you use it.
If you also have a ton of files that are not movies: search them by using extensions and delete them or they will also have folders created for them and you will have a mess. For instance Search: *.nfo.........*.png..............*.jpg.......delete!!
ETC.....
Once this is done just rescrape everything for nfo's and art.

Hope this is answering "your question" and helps.
Guess I will use this then.
Thanks!

/edit: I tried this and it while it did work, it is not compatible with VideoSort. VS always copies movies to the destination folder without an enclosing folder.
As running the file2folder script manually is more cumbersome than just downloading the backdrop manually I guess I will stay with that then.

But thanks everybody for their help, much appreciated Smile
(2016-02-22, 22:46)Ned Scott Wrote: For myself, I don't use MQ6, so I have no idea.

SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY WOULD YOU REPLY TO A MESSAGE TO TELL THE OP THAT YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER. HOW DOES THAT HELP ANYONE?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backdrops not downloaded automatically0