Bug Movie Name changed and disappeared
Hello,

I am now using gotham, and a i got this where when i change a name of a movie insid xbmc, the movie disappear from xbmc, and in windows it becomes a file, and if i try to put it an extension like .mkv it says its not in this past anymore, and the size of the file turns to 0.
and now i cant open it in any movie player because its not recognised as a movie.

is there any solution for this? is the 2 time that happens this to me and i lost the movies.

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forums.

If your in Library mode and your renaming a existing file it will do what you describe, this is not a bug its hows its intended, especially when you rename the file you're removing the file extension.

Renaming files, XBMC shows a file extension in the rename field (I dont believe this can be changed)

So e.g. my_movie_name.mkv to my_new_movie_name < you need to remember not to remove the extension. And in Library mode renaming a previously scraped file will pretty much remove from the current list/view, you need to rescan the source and movie will show up again. So if you haven't removed the extension everything should be just fine.

Ideally you should run clean library after you renamed files in library mode and then Update library again, so that 1) There's no invalid entries left in database 2) Any new entries will be re-listed.

You should also look at Settings/Appearance (wiki) in file lists and look at what settings are more suitable to your expectations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Name changed and disappeared0