xbmc for Dreambox
hey guys i have a dreambox hd800 pvr and need to instal xbmc please someone can tel me how.
The 300Mhz MIPS processor alone is going to prevent you from running XBMC
(2013-10-16, 22:54)hollander95 Wrote: hey guys i have a dreambox hd800 pvr and need to instal xbmc please someone can tel me how.

See if you can sell it and use the proceeds toward new hardware that will run XBMC.
thanks ,but what is solution?
That is the solution. It won't install/run on your current device, so if you want to run XBMC, you'll need to obtain another device that is compatible with XBMC. Since you want your current device play a role in your running XBMC, the only option I see where it can contribute toward that goal is for you sell it to obtain some cash that you can use toward the purchase of a compatible device. Otherwise, just keep your Dreambox HD800 PVR for its current purpose and buy another one for XBMC (a Raspberry Pi is only $35).
thanks lot brother,what kind processor is ok to play xbmc? 400Mhz is ok?because dm800se has 400 Mhz i think also
No, you can't run XBMC on that either. However, you might(?) be able to use your current device as a Live TV/PVR (wiki) backend for XBMC running on another, compatible, device. So that's another possible(?) use for your Dreambox HD800 in your home theatre setup. Bottom line is you still need some other computer or compatible device (e.g., Android) on which you can install and run XBMC.
It's not so much about the processor speed as it's about the fact that XBMC hasn't been ported to the architecture used in Dreamboxes (varies from PPC to MIPS).
while there is a marysis(spelling sorry) sat stb running modified xbmc for everything, this will not currently run on your hardware.

however, you can install the VU+ PVR addon, and stream channels from your "enigma" running dreamboxes.

so, you need 2 x pieces of hardware...

1) media playback device(raspberry pi has been suggested) running VU+ addon

2) your dreambox to stream the dvb-s(2) thru your network, to all of your media playback devices.

i hope this helps,
D.
Working fine here on dreambox 800 hd
What do you mean? Can you strean yourlocal media?
You can stream films from xbmc straight to the dreambox without using your pc....[/i]
(2013-11-27, 22:17)rhurbarb Wrote: Working fine here on dreambox 800 hd

Can you please how did you install xbmc on dreambox ... ?
Thanks
Just google it .then follow the instructions
rhurbarb,

Can you help me?
Please give us the *.ipk file.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc for Dreambox0