• 4(current)
Release New/Clean FilmOn.TV for Over 200 Live TV Channels [No Ads/No Tracking]
That's weird as this is the first version of the FilmON-addon I've installed.
I've figured out that if I set the streaming quality to LOW, the stream will play flawless... After 10 hrs of non-stop streaming I thought it was reliable ;-)
However, the HIGH-quality stops after a few mins. It can't be my home connection as I can stream other channels perfectly well in HD (ustvnow and movies).
Perhaps the HIGH-quality stream from the FilmON-server has got too many connections?

Thank you for your reply however! Very much appreciated Big Grin

(2013-11-17, 04:23)RumbleFish Wrote: Just logging in to say thanks again.

I've just played E4 for 40 minutes (so far) and no problem.

I should definitely add that the problem was probably caused from not uninstalling XBMC after the previous version of Filmon had been on it. So I apologise to Eleazar for any time you may have spent trying to fix it. Confused

I have donated to XBMC in the past, and will be doing so again. Thanks to all for all your work.

@Akito - You should remove anything by the previous author and do a fresh/clean install of XBMC to get everything working smoothly.
It's up to you obviously, but that should fix it.

Unfortunately i had installed some items on XBMC Android using the previous version and other items by the author, and had all sorts of problems. (I was being lazy).
It led me to tweak an existing build for my MK808b and everything has been fine since. I then came back to my PC, and did a fresh install. If i had of just used my brain, i could have saved myself a lot of heartache and headache.
This addon hasnt being working for the last few days, will this be updated or do we need to use the ADware Mikey version as thst is working apparently.
thanks
Hi, thanks for this great contribution. I have installed it in my box and it works very well.
Please could you add BBC channels and make all of us UK channel streamers happy.
I know it may be a lot of work, but we appreciate it sooo[/i] much!
Any plans to add a Save to Home Favorites option, so that we can use the streams for the TV Guide Program Add-on?
I can't download this add-on from the repository - here's what I tried:-

1. Installed the repository from the zip
2. Navigate to the plug-in in the repository and attempt to download
3. Plug-in shows only as "broken" and does not download. Error message says "dependencies not met"

1. Sync git repo, find the latest version zip
2. Install directly from zip file
3. Same error message "dependencies not met"

I'm running XBMC Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7 32bit.

Can anyone suggest a workaround?
Ok - I figured out the answer to my question. The script has a dependency on script.module.t0mm0.common - once this is installed the FilmOn add-on can also be installed.

However, none of the streams actually work!
How come I just get 9 channels nowadays?
CBS reality
CBS reality +1
CBS Drama
ITV4+1
ITV+1
ITV2+1
ITV3+1
5USA

Where the regular ITV's have gone? And ©BBC? How weird....
Quote:Where the regular ITV's have gone? And ©BBC? How weird....

They're all fine on the website and in their windows HDi player.

I still can't get the add-on to work though, which is really frustrating. How do you even manage to even get *some* channels? if I try and start any stream it just flashes a single frame and then stops instantly thereafter.
I've got it all working again ;-) Because of my VPN I was accessing FilmON with a whole different IP (ofcourse!). But I forgot about the VPN in the background. So thanks to some routing-lines in my OpenVPN-config, I'm not accessing FilmON with my real IP again whilst accessing other streams through my VPN Big Grin

@Davew_uk: I don't know how you did everything, but I just simply installed everything from the eleazar repo (The one without ads/tracking) and it works. Before I was on Frodo, since a few weeks Í'm on Gotham, and no difficulties whatsoever Smile Maybe you should turn on the debugging option and see what comes out in the log.
Quote:Maybe you should turn on the debugging option and see what comes out in the log.

Seems like a good plan, thanks.
Ok - I took a moment to try and properly reinstall the plug-in, taking eleazar's repo and it finally showed up properly (not broken) and I could enable it. It automatically downloaded the dependency on t0mm0's scripts as well. I thought I was golden till I tried to play a stream - same problem. The stream simply does not start.

I looked in the log and found that the video stream actually does appear to start correctly, codecs are loaded etc. and its ready to go, then one second later the stream is closed for no reason.

Is there a more detailed logging level?
@Eleazar Coding

Would be nice if I could point to some channels via e.g. "plugin://plugin.video.filmon.tv/channel?=bbc" through my IPTV AddOn.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Right, I got there in the end. I basically fiddled with the settings till I found something that works.

My default action on selecting a video file item is to show info, not play. However this plugin will only work if the default video file selection action is play or choose. This messes up how I like my Movies folder to work.

It seems the XBMC is treating the stream icon the same as it would a movie or other video database item that has meta data. I have video files that are not in the database and with my selection action on "show info" those video files just play and don't try to show meta-data.

@eleazar Coding
Can the plugin be rewritten so that it either a) works nicely with the "show info" selection action, or b) treats the video stream icons as not having meta-data and doesn't try to show info when there isn't any?
I'm working on some updates, just been a little bit busy with regular work. I cannot stress the fact more that if anyone has issues please post a log so I can debug them.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New/Clean FilmOn.TV for Over 200 Live TV Channels [No Ads/No Tracking]1