XBMC Skin Compressed Textures Tool
the dxt compression is easily done with directx, unfortunately, the xdk is required for the xbox specific texture formats.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

there seems to be a problem, i couldn't update the .xpr file while xbmc was running using the latest available cvs code.
i assume this is a bug, because how else to update when using it as a dashboard? Image
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i fixed the no update while running last night. Wink

ah silly me. i forgot that i uploaded the fixed build, the build that was runnign while i was uploading was the buggy build Image

anyway, a question:

in cvs/skin/mediacenter/pal/media/ there are some images. are these included in cvs/skin/mediacenter/media/textures.xpr ?

pike > yes they r also included in the xpr.
you can see this when you use the program to make the xpr.

so all thats needed in a skin file is 1 textures.xpr in the media folder, a fonts folder and the rest only .xml files.
gif, jpg etc etc are all in the xpr from all locations containing the media.

this is cool stuff Smile
how do you use textures from skins in python scripts?
is this still supported?

zilvershadow
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
k i've tried last couple of versions thinking it might have to do with som incompabilities with my pc. but i cant get xbmctex to work. i use this from cmd promt:
Quote:xbmctex.exe -input "c:\xbmc\skin\retro\media" -output "c:\xbmc\skin\retro\media\textures.xpr" -quality "high"
it calculates trhu all the files but in the end it don't generate anything.
when/if i specify xbmctex to use an empty dir for both in and out it generates a 1kb textures.xpr and reports on size gain. same result from xbmctex_gui.exe.
/floink
can you zip up your media directory and let me have a copy of it?

edit: also, which version of directx do you have and which version of windows? i assume there are no meaningful error messages generated...

done. check .it site. don't know if i can supply any other info on ver of windows.
/floink
by version of windows i just mean which of 2k/xp/etc. as for directx version, you should be able to tell that by doing start->run and typing dxdiag then hit enter.

nb: xbmctex is not supported on windows 9x/me. you need 2k or xp (nt4 might also work).

i included a file generated by dxdiag in the above mentioned file. i was thinking maybe windows had a similar generator Smile
sorry i forgot to mention that files i upload to xboxmediacenter.it ends up in the skins folder by default.
hope u can find something. btw winxp sp1, dx9.0b.
ok, it crashed the tool on my machine, i'll fix it shortly.

butcher,

using latest cvs (03-10-2004), i have the textures.xpr in the mediacenter\media directory, however, when i load xbmc, nothing is displayed. it's just a black, skinless menu. totally black with the time on the bottom right. if i copy the .png files from the source (like old builds without the texture compression), it works fine.

any ideas?

just updated the cvs and compiled a few minutes ago, same problem..

-- stokkes
floink: tool is fixed, it was crashing on single-frame gifs. btw, you should change your 65 high textures to 64 high - they're half as big that way.

stokkes: could be all sorts of things, do you get anything in the log?

texture manager unable to load file:q:\skin\mediacenter\media\blue_rectangle_music.png

i get that for every single file

that's really it, nothing odd, unless i'm missing something.

edit:

click here for my log file.

stokkes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skin Compressed Textures Tool0