XBMC Skin Compressed Textures Tool
looks like it's failing to open textures.xpr at all.

edit: i've added some more error reporting to the loader, could you grab the latest code when anon cvs updates and give it another try?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that's not the only thing..

when i try to view the osd, i get this:

10-03-2004 18:26:02 texture manager unable to load file:q:\skin\mediacenter\media\osd-pnl-bar.bmp
10-03-2004 18:26:02 texture manager unable to load file:q:\skin\mediacenter\media\xb-ctl-nibv.bmp

any ideas? heh

this is bizarro

stokkes
btw, you're loading off a hdd right?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yes, i'm experimenting with this right now, but without any luck.

first, i had xbmc run as dashboard, home directory f:\xbmc

now i'm trying to run it as a simple app from xbmp , still located in f:\xbmc, but i get the same errors..

quite frustrating Wink

-- stokkes
welp, fixed it..

i nuked my cvs directory and re-downloaded everything.. not sure wtf went on with the files in my cvs directory, but that seems to have fixed both the texture and the osd problem.

stokkes
one last thing butcher..

your xbmctex, great util.. however, is there anyway that it can be run without initializing the d3d device?

you see, i often do some compiling, playing around from my office through remote desktop. however, when trying to run xbmctex.exe through remote desktop, i get a cannot init d3d device: 830283737 (number isnt exact, but it's a garbage number after deviceSmile .. anyway you could fix this?
um, i kinda need d3d to do the texture conversion Image

well, guess that puts me in my place then Huh
worx now, thx for fixing. i really haven't put any time into correcting my 65 to 64 textures and such, cause i thought maybe ur magic tool would do that for me Image . will try to do my homework better. damn if i knew this before starting doing skinnning.
i could have the tool "fix" textures, but you run the risk of quality loss - in general it's going to be better to use photoshop or such to do any resizing so you can see how it affects the output.

see updated retro skin on .it using textures.xpr with some "fixed" images.
k butcher i've got another challenge for u Wink i _think_ xbmctex messes with my gifanim images. i've got a ffwd anim that's supposed to have a 240sec (longest possible frame pause) on the end frame. this is to 'emulate' an gifanim that only plays once. but after using xbmctex that last frame pause is removed and the anim loops without any pause. strange thing is i have this pause on play/pause-gfx and ffwd/rew-gfx but only the ffwd image is affected after compression. i have double checked my original gfx and in uncompressed state tha prob is gone. and i can't find any differences in this image and the other three. i'll upload the original images so u can have a look.
/floink
i don't know if i was the only one having this problem, but the utility would run on my main machine but not do anything (works fine on one of my other machines). it looked like it wasn't initializing the d3d device (no error messages or anything though). i ran dxdiag and it didn't report any problems.

changing d3ddevtype_ref to d3ddevtype_hal in xbmctex.cpp seems to have fixed my problem.

i am running:
xp sp1
dx9.0b
nvidia 53.03 drivers
xp doesn't come with a reference rasteriser by default, you'd probably need the dx sdk installed to get one.
i deliberately didn't use d3ddevtype_hal to avoid problems with graphics card drivers.

is it possible to decompress textures.xpr in it's source graphics ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skin Compressed Textures Tool0