Your Home Screen
What do your home-screens look like. Thought it would be interesting to compare.

What buttons, icons, wallpapers and sub menu's etc?
That's pretty nice ^ I've finally got the home screen I want. I have a few apps as icons too.

I've been working on a new Home Menu for my personal version of Metropolis. Submenus slide in from the left as the Main menu slides out. Lists of Recent/Featured Items (style borrowed from one of the Aeon skins) are accessed by pressing to the right. Home menu items can be hidden if needed. And since I use multiple profiles for my family at home, the profile name is displayed under the XBMC logo so we can see at a glance who is logged in.

Neat. I like the incorporation of profiles. Also, what movie is that first image from? I suddenly feel the need to watch it. Smile
Ha! I can understand why. And thanks, it actually was a wallpaper I found on the web probably from some magazine pictorial she did.

Here's a link to a larger version: http://s.wallpaperhere.com/wallpapers/16...iere-3.jpg
Nice work guys!! I think I might have to do this myself.

That re-design of Metropolis is awesome Amra perhaps you would be willing to share a copy of your tweaked version

I used to use Metropolis Religiously but just got a bit bored with the Functional but Plain Main Menu not much customization really possible so i have been skin hopping for a while trying to find one i like to use on all my machines

i have a few i like but nothing enough to remain permanent

I too like the Profile name listed on the menu as i have several profiles setup myself and always having to go to logout screen to remember which one i am on
Sad 
That weather pic reminded me of poor Rod hull....
(2013-10-19, 15:28)protocol77 Wrote: That re-design of Metropolis is awesome Amra perhaps you would be willing to share a copy of your tweaked version

Thanks but I haven't updated it to Frodo yet, still using Openelec 2.0 with Eden. However, I started testing the latest Openelec version (with Frodo) today running from a flash drive so maybe sometime soon if I like what I see and do an actual update. Gotta proceed cautiously before doing any big update so as not to upset the HTPC WAF Rating. Wink

All I've really done on my version is add a third home screen style (seen above). Everything beyond that is still the Metropolis skin that stoli/jingai have worked hard on so if I share it then it will probably just be via PM so as not to take anything away from them.

Big Grin
(2013-10-18, 13:23)smallclone Wrote: That's pretty nice ^ I've finally got the home screen I want. I have a few apps as icons too.

Nice, what skin is that? Did you add the deathstar wallpaper yourself or is that in that specific skin?
I've been stuck on Aeon Nox in Frodo 12.1 for awhile now. It does everything I need but getting a bit bored with it.
Mind you, 'bored' means nothing's breaking... Smile
I think that is Aeon Nox with the icons turned on and a Deathstar wallpaper.
yeah that is Aeon Nox with the menu items set on Icons instead of text and he has done a few tweaks to the colour Palette
Well, damn...off I go to the settings to play with my setup lol, thanks
Where is that icon vs text setting in Aeon, haven't found it yet
(2013-10-21, 01:45)protocol77 Wrote: yeah that is Aeon Nox with the menu items set on Icons instead of text and he has done a few tweaks to the colour Palette

Yeah it's exactly that. I like the fact you can put your own icons in for home page menu items too:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your Home Screen0