Foxconn NTA-350 XBMCbuntu suddenly has stuttering video
I have an NTA-350 that has been running XBMCbuntu great for two years and the all of the sudden it won't play any HD content back without stutter (12FPS).

I have two troubleshooting questions:
1. How can I force the GPU to be used (as it has been for years)
2. How can I verify the GPU is being used?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you!

So we are clear this thing is capable, using the GPU, of playing back any bluray or bluray quality content seamlessly with zero pauses and dropped frames. Its a sweet little box.
Also, I recently reinstalled XBMCbuntu 12.2 Frodo to make sure it wasn't something stupid I did.
Any ideas?
Overheating?

Trying reverting back to a previous version?

HW acceleration turned off?
Moved to Linux support
(2013-10-18, 01:11)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Overheating?

Trying reverting back to a previous version?

HW acceleration turned off?

How might I check to see if HW acceleration is turned on or off? If you mean the "render method" then I have tried every variant of those settings to no avail. It was working and then it stopped. I'm not sure how it would fail...

As for temperature it is hovering around 85*C, this has been it's norm for the entire time i've owned it.
What GPU does that have?

Look in your logs.

Look in Settings|Video|Playback and see what is switched on in terms of acceleration.

Press 'O' when playing and observe what it says.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe something in the Ubuntu part changed (driver)?

If you have not found a solution, try OpenELEC (fusion build). It works great on my Foxconns. You can install it on a good usb flash drive and keep the existing installation disk intact.
OP clearly doesn't actually want help!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Shot in the dark

You could also look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 which is more likely the right way to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foxconn NTA-350 XBMCbuntu suddenly has stuttering video0