Win Fanart Backgrounds option not displaying anything
Windows 7 Frodo 12.2 Transparency! 5.0.9

The context is setting up Backgrounds in Transparency. I have one machine where I have just about everything setup with fanart backgrounds. In the three places it is supported I am using Fanart and a selected Folder. In many of the other Home menus I use the Multi Image or Single image option. I am referencing images on the local machine using smb folders.

On another box on the network I have the same settings and they don't work at all. I tried copying the fan art folders to that other machine and referencing them directly, this didn't work either. It isn't just the fanart/options that fails it is the Multi and Single image also. They are fairly big images most of them 50 to 300kb each and the network is wired 1GB.

The fact that even local files won't load off of an SSD seems to indicate it is not a file size problem. The machine that works has spinning drives.

Any ideas where to look for the problem?
nope, no idea.

check the Debug Log for errors.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Looked at the log and there was at least one error saying it could not read or load one of the folders with backgrounds fanart. Didn't know what to think about that but...
I figured it out eventually, however, what I did do was probably overkill. I saved out my settings files (but none of the settings folders) at ~\XBMC\userdata and then did a full uninstall including all settings and reinstalled. Then ran XBMC once. shut it down and copied back the advancedsettings.xml (for the mySql database), sources.xml. Started XBMC again and downloaded and selected transparency. Shutdown XBMC and copied back the guisettings.xml. Then everything worked.

I was also messing around on the system that does work and realized with that all I needed to do was refresh the Thumbnails. I deleted the Thumbnails folder and in the ../Database folder the Textures*.db file too. Fired up XBMC and let it go to work. This completely restored full functionality to all the background settings and all the fanart for tv shows and movies.

I don't recommend what I did in the 1st paragraph but do recommend the 2nd. I am still installing the add-ons I am missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Backgrounds option not displaying anything0