Sickbeard and XBMC with MYSQL?
Hey guys just a question for people who have multiple installs of XBMC hooked up to a MySQL database.

In Sickbeard you have the option of notifying an XBMC client that a program has been snatched etc. Does it matter which client this is set to when it comes to updating the database?

I also generally have scan for next content set to on when the machine starts up in case changes have been made overnight.

I'm assuming it doesn't because it appears (from the tutorial for setting up MySQL) when you scan the content in the first time any PC can do it, from then on XBMC queries the DB and just adds / removes accordingly?
it shouldnt matter.
like bobbintb said it shouldn't matter as long as all your clients have the same sources and content set accordingly.

I do the same thing but have one ATV1 that is on 24/7 that I send the update library command to.
יונתן בן-חיים
When you use MySQL you only need to set sources on one machine, the other clients pick everything up from the dB.

But only a machine with sources set can update the library.

So notify a machine with sources set.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sickbeard and XBMC with MYSQL?0