• 17(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
Hi pecinko...

Thanks for a great plugin... I have installed it on all my family's XBMC machines so the can access my media.

Only problem is that anything played by PleXBMC doesn't show up on my server's Now Playing/Activity. All other clients show up (iPhone, iPad, Android and Web)

Is there a way to have PleXBMC show up in that list?
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Hello, i'm having PLEXBMC crash on XBMC 13.1. Let me explain my setup first

Backend server: Asus Chromebox with OpenElec 4.0.6 installed in SSD and Plex Media Server 0.9.9.12 ADDON installed and configured. Took the addon from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/5736...?start=210 (Working Great)

Plex Client: XBMC 13.1 with the repo from OP installed, so i have latests STABLE versions of both addons PLEXBMC and PLEXHELPER integrated with AMBER skin, all this under Windows 8.1

Now here's the thing EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE with OpenElec 4.0.5, problem started after i upgraded to OpenElec 4.0.6.
Since then - In XBMC 13.1 (Plex Client) - everytime i try to "GO PLEX" within AMBER skin, PLEXBMC crashes with an ERROR. PLEXHELPER does intialize just fine (apparently).

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=242416

TIA!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-06-26, 07:01)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Hi pecinko...

Thanks for a great plugin... I have installed it on all my family's XBMC machines so the can access my media.

Only problem is that anything played by PleXBMC doesn't show up on my server's Now Playing/Activity. All other clients show up (iPhone, iPad, Android and Web)

Is there a way to have PleXBMC show up in that list?

Install the plexbmc helper as well.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Thanks! That worked! 1 extra point in your reputation! Big Grin
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Please add 3D support. Your skin doesn't show the 3D button that does show up in the default XBMC skin.
Hi there. I'm really loving the integration of PleXBMC into Amber. Is there any way to rearrange the ordering of items in the main menu? All the PleXBMC items are arranged alphabetically with the other XBMC menu items following after. Is there any way to customise this ordering so all items are alphabetical?
(2014-07-23, 03:26)XbGhost Wrote: Hi there. I'm really loving the integration of PleXBMC into Amber. Is there any way to rearrange the ordering of items in the main menu? All the PleXBMC items are arranged alphabetically with the other XBMC menu items following after. Is there any way to customise this ordering so all items are alphabetical?

No, there's no such option in XBMC (or PHT) available that I could utilize.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm really enjyoing this plugin. I finally have removed my MySQL server and just have to mange one library now. Thank you!

I am having two minor issues and would be happy to help with any testing.

1. Sometimes when I click a video it launches the dialog box that PleXBMC is opening the file and then it just stops. I believe this is due to the fact my unRAID server is still spinning up the correct drive. Once I select the same video again it plays flawlessly. Would it be possible to change the timeout?

2. Is it possible to set the watched status from XBMC? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks!
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
(2014-08-22, 11:22)mprassel Wrote: I'm really enjyoing this plugin. I finally have removed my MySQL server and just have to mange one library now. Thank you!

I am having two minor issues and would be happy to help with any testing.

1. Sometimes when I click a video it launches the dialog box that PleXBMC is opening the file and then it just stops. I believe this is due to the fact my unRAID server is still spinning up the correct drive. Once I select the same video again it plays flawlessly. Would it be possible to change the timeout?

2. Is it possible to set the watched status from XBMC? It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks!

Sure, it it will take a while as I currently have no time to play with the script.

Regarding 1st, it should be safe to search through code for "timeout" and increase it. Make a backup and try so you don't have to wait for an update.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and report back.
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
(2014-07-25, 11:17)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 03:26)XbGhost Wrote: Hi there. I'm really loving the integration of PleXBMC into Amber. Is there any way to rearrange the ordering of items in the main menu? All the PleXBMC items are arranged alphabetically with the other XBMC menu items following after. Is there any way to customise this ordering so all items are alphabetical?

No, there's no such option in XBMC (or PHT) available that I could utilize.

I am really liking Amber, but Switching back and forth between "Go Plex" and "Go XBMC" is not intuitive for my in-laws and it would be great to be able to access all my movies from one set of menus.

Is there a way to get the "Movies" and "TV Shows" XBMC menu items (I have these set up as Video sources while running in "Go XBMC") to show up in the main menu along with the PlexBMC items while running in "Go Plex"?

Or alternatively, is there a way for me to choose the 3 Plex libraries that I use and add them directly to the "Go XBMC" main menu (I am ok with hard coding this into the skin as I don't expect to create new Plex libraries often - I have OO programming background, but I have never worked on XBMC skins before)?

I am currently running OpenELEC 4.1.6, PlexBMC 3.4.5, and Amber 1.6.0

-------------

I forgot to mention that I made sure that none of my Plex libraries are using the same names as the Video sources/libraries, so there shouldn't be a conflict there.
(2014-09-13, 06:56)jumblekn Wrote: Or alternatively, is there a way for me to choose the 3 Plex libraries that I use and add them directly to the "Go XBMC" main menu (I am ok with hard coding this into the skin as I don't expect to create new Plex libraries often - I have OO programming background, but I have never worked on XBMC skins before)?

I don't understand why you wouldn't just add all your media to your Plex library and let it handle everything.

If that's not what you want to do, then yes, you can do the above. Just browse to whatever node in the PleXBMC add-on you want (must be in Go XBMC mode), open the context menu, and add it to Favorites. Then in the Amber skin settings, you can add that favorite in as one of the empty Home Menu entry items - only Favorites can be added in this way.
Yeah, combining XBMC and Plex library is not very common use case Smile

As already mentioned, you can either add XBMC or Plex sections as a custom menu items in skin settings via favorites or you can make 2 switchable profiles and keep XBMC sections in one while using GoPlex in another profiles.

With favorites you will lose the shelf for items that were added as favorites while with profiles you should be able to keep them, but at expense of few extra clicks to switch profile.

If you still want to hardcode XBMC links I can have a look at a code sometime next week and post more info.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey pecinko, Thanks all your hard work. I've been using Amber skin for over a month now with plexbmc and am really enjoying it. Just have one question. Is there a way to change that source? I've looked through every setting and can't find anything relating to ratings. I think it uses MovieDB but I'd prefer Metacritic or Rottentomatoes
Thanks puithove and pecinko for the replies. The use case is to combine my local media which is on Plex with streaming sources like Netflix, Amazon, and Vudu. If you know of a way to access Netflix, Amazon and Vudu via Plex, please share. I much prefer Plex for local media, but I have found no useful content with their channels. Right now I am using PlayOn and PlayLater with MyLibrary script to get access to the streaming sources in the Amber skin. So far I am not thrilled with the video quality using PlayOn or PlayLater, but I have just started playing with this.

I will test what you have mentioned about creating favorites to specific Plex libraries and adding to XBMC menu as soon as I get my Plex integration working again. I seem to have broken it last night while attempting to get roms working on OpenELEC 4.1.6 (epic fail).

Thanks again for the help.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2