• 6(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
(2013-10-30, 20:13)tube82 Wrote: Hi,
the PleXBMC setting "Shelf items" in the "Look and feel" category doesn't work correctly for me.
It works when I set it to "Both" (Recently added and on deck), but doesn't for the other two settings.
When set to "Recently added", it still shows both in my TV Shows section and when set to "On Deck", it shows the on deck items twice, as shown in the screenshot:

I am using the PleXBMC version from this thread and an Amber GIT version from (I think) yesterday. Any idea what causes this?

I just noticed another bug which can also be seen in the image I uploaded earlier.
The second and third on deck items always show the same episode number. The second shows the correct one, the third shows the one from the second item instead of its own.
On the screenshot: OUAT in Wonderland shows E1.8 instead of the correct E1.2. The show doesn't even have 8 episodes yet Wink
It always links to the correct episode, only the shown season and episode number is wrong.

Can anyone confirm this or is it a local problem?

And I have an additional question: Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the recently added shelf should show seasons instead of episodes. Did this change? I like this in Plex and would prefer it here as well!
(2013-11-07, 12:44)smacrae Wrote: Cool...thanks IM85288....like to help modify the Amber skin to have the backgrounds cycle like MediaStream for TV Shows, Movies, Music etc.?

No problem glad it works for you, as regards modifying the Amber skin.. I have no intention of doing so as a) I do not use the skin and b) I have my hands full with my skin. Pecinko is most welcome to use the additions I added to the plexbmc mod though.
(2013-11-07, 00:42)im85288 Wrote: I fixed this problem in my version which adds the features I required for my skin, it is based on version 3.2.5 with a few additions..new version is 3.2.7. You can find the link here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165481

Thank you so much - that resolved the issue perfectly using your new version 3.2.7!
Indeed it does....thank for the contribution im85288...could you ensure Pecinko has your addition code so he can roll it in to his fork as it will eventually make it in to Hippojay's main GIT (I assume)....
For this plexbmc version can I use the built in xbmc trakt addon or do I need to use the Plex trakt addon? I would rather use the xbmc version since I am having issues getting the plex addon to even scrape much less sync watched status.

edit: scratch that I got the xbmc version working after rebooting and uninstalling the plex one. Cheers.
Just a quick update to say I fixed an annoying bug that was in all versions I had used so far in that the Poster shown for TV Shows when accessing the OSD was always a thumbnail image of the episode and not the actual poster. The version with the fix is 3.3.1
(2013-11-16, 21:00)im85288 Wrote: Just a quick update to say I fixed an annoying bug that was in all versions I had used so far in that the Poster shown for TV Shows when accessing the OSD was always a thumbnail image of the episode and not the actual poster. The version with the fix is 3.3.1

I would not call that a bug - season poster is an option.

I have taken a quick look at your repo and your code seems impossible to merge in a nice way. Some commits are clear but some are not really well defined Smile Could you possibly fork my repo and re-commit or is that a no go?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

For me it was a bug, as when I use the normal XBMC library and press info on a TV Show it showed a nice poster and not the thumbnail of the show...which is not really of any use IMO.

As regards forking your repo and re-commit I do not want to maintain multiple versions so will leave that for you to decide if you would like to do it. You are free to use my version as it is backwards compatible with yours..so far Smile
Version 3.2.6 (mod by Kode, pecinko, zeflash) http://tinyurl.com/ot7erq5

- Increase quality of default thumb images and re-work smaller shelf thumbs fetch
- Make ALL recent and on deck items use shelf thumbs fetcher, fix recent episode labels
- Shelf thumbs should work from a remote locations now as well[/u]

Notes: Delete previous version and unzip this on in it's place (should fix context menu problems if I read im85288's code right). I'll try to port other im85288's changes by hand when I find the time.

EDIT:

Best used with Amber 1.1.9 - soon to be available in XBMC repository.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks Pecinko...great to have things all in one version....
Great work Pecinko!

Using the GIT version of Amber (about 6 hours old) and PleXBMC 3.2.6, in Plex mode I still have the bug I posted a few days ago: The "On deck" shelf shows the wrong E x.y number for the third entry. It always shows the same as the second entry.

To clarify:

The next Vampire Diaries episode should be E 5.7, not E 1.7. The E 1.7 is correct for Witches of East End, though.
It doesn't matter which shows are second and third on the shelf - they always both show the episode number of the second. The episode that is actually linked is the correct one. When it is selected, the correct title (e.g. Title from E 5.7 ) is shown and clicking it also starts the correct episode. It's just the episode-label that is off.
Do I still want to use the plex helped addon to use the plex android app?

Also I don't know if this is plexbmc or amber related, but my views are not saving. I am switching to "panel" view but when I go out and come back in, the view is always the default list view.

Thanks for all your work.
Same issue here....on "On Deck" the Person of Interest season/episode is the same as the SHEILD before it however it should be episode 9 not 4....SHEILD is correct by showing episode 4...exactly the same issue as tube82....both are the same as tube82 in that it is number 2 (SHIELD in this case) and number 3 (Person of Interest)....

Using the latest 3.2.6 PleXBMC and Amber from GIT as of 2 hours ago from this post....
(2013-11-19, 22:56)kri kri Wrote: Do I still want to use the plex helped addon to use the plex android app?

Also I don't know if this is plexbmc or amber related, but my views are not saving. I am switching to "panel" view but when I go out and come back in, the view is always the default list view.

Thanks for all your work.

Take a look at plexbmc settings you might need to force views.

(2013-11-19, 19:18)tube82 Wrote: Great work Pecinko!

Using the GIT version of Amber (about 6 hours old) and PleXBMC 3.2.6, in Plex mode I still have the bug I posted a few days ago: The "On deck" shelf shows the wrong E x.y number for the third entry. It always shows the same as the second entry.

Got it. Skin is fixed on git.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Version 3.3.0 of PleXBMC is available

PleXBMC: https://github.com/pecinko/plugin.video..../frodo.zip
Amber: https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

- reworked skin menu and shelf items for noticeable speed improvements
- merged changes into frodo branch

PleXBMC should populate main menu and shelf items noticeably quicker now, especially with caching enabled (see PleXBMC settings). You need to use latest Amber from Git in order to make use of new features (version 1.2.0 or later).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2