• 3(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
(2013-10-22, 07:21)superb Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 11:04)pecinko Wrote: Please post any questions regarding PleXBMC add-on support in Amber skin here.

KodeStar fork of plexbmc - https://github.com/KodeStar/plugin.video.plexbmc
Latest Amber developement code - https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber

Both working well for me with multiple Tv and Movie sections Smile Can i suggest removing the .. from the first main directory eg, all videos, recently played, added etc

Settings/Appearance/File lists/Show parent folder items (uncheck)

(2013-10-21, 14:13)Kode Wrote: At a bit of an impasse at the moment, until I can get http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176207 resolved theres no point, because currently I can get videos to be listed but not to play, which is completely pointless.

I have taken a look at sample code in that thread and I must admit I'm cluelessSad

I have found "def PLAY( url ):" in HJ's code and I assume it probably has something to do with OnClick actions but that's all I've managed to achieve.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I can't get Kodestar version to show both shelves... I actually get no shelves with this version. Is this known?
(2013-10-23, 01:14)crimsonfury Wrote: I can't get Kodestar version to show both shelves... I actually get no shelves with this version. Is this known?

Bumpy ride ATM - you should use master branch of Amber with section-endpoints branch from KodeStar. Even better, wait a bit there are some issues still being looked at.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-10-21, 14:13)Kode Wrote: At a bit of an impasse at the moment, until I can get http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176207 resolved theres no point, because currently I can get videos to be listed but not to play, which is completely pointless.

Kode what's the status at your side? I have tried to define <onclick> function but that does not ever get called. Only thing I see in debug log is that requested action is SELECT.

Should we improve what we have instead in library-endpoints branch?:

- stacking of episodes
- thumbs not showing for movies when accessed remotely, all is fine with local lan

Thoughts?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Not sure mate, library-endpoints is a bit of a dead end as it wont work properly for people with lots of sections.

What did you try with regards to onclick?

Is there anyway to trap the "select" action?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2013-10-23, 16:33)Kode Wrote: What did you try with regards to onclick?

Simple print of control_id or even simple print of "Hello world" does not get executed when you click on item. So my guess is that OnClick doesn't get trapped by plexbmc.

Not sure about that dead end with library end points. We can filter out watched movies and limit it to 10 items per section. Interested?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Kode. Do you have a comparison of the differences between your fork and the original?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2013-10-24, 13:26)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 16:33)Kode Wrote: What did you try with regards to onclick?

Simple print of control_id or even simple print of "Hello world" does not get executed when you click on item. So my guess is that OnClick doesn't get trapped by plexbmc.

Not sure about that dead end with library end points. We can filter out watched movies and limit it to 10 items per section. Interested?

Well Jason's library has 20 sections, so that would be 200 items you would need to add to the skin if you were going to accomodate the full amount =/

Jason was going to have a look at it as well, not sure if he's had a chance.

@bry- My master fork adds the ability to select "both" for on shelf items rather than either "recently added" or "on deck", endpoints branch uses the full section lists rather than an aggregated list so you can have recently added items for things like phots as well

Also http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...tml#Window has an onClick method, we are using window to define the control so it might just be a case of using for example

recent_movies.onClick(self) { do stuff }

As for stacking episodes, I'm not sure how we would do that, we can easily stack that episodes belong to a series and a season, but I dont think the url to the season level is passed anywhere is it?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2013-10-24, 14:39)Kode Wrote: Well Jason's library has 20 sections, so that would be 200 items you would need to add to the skin if you were going to accomodate the full amount =/

Well, if Jason has 20 sections he has a bigger problem than plexbmc improvement Tongue

On a more serious note, I would be willing to try since populating Window Properties seems much faster then ListItem generation. Haven't tried ListItemS (bulk) as I don't know how Smile but documentation seems to say it is possible. We only need to properly map first 10 to first section, etc

(2013-10-24, 14:39)Kode Wrote: As for stacking episodes, I'm not sure how we would do that, we can easily stack that episodes belong to a series and a season, but I dont think the url to the season level is passed anywhere is it?

We have both seasons (opening folder) and episodes (play item) loop in the code. We "just" need to use it properly Tongue
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

If you give people the ability to have 20 sections, someone somewhere will always use them, lol.

Is populating Windows Properties really much faster than ListItem generation? That surprises me as the ListItem is done within a loop that is already running wheres doing it through the skin goes through the loop then has to do one of its own.

Does plexht stack into seasons?
(2013-10-24, 15:12)Kode Wrote: If you give people the ability to have 20 sections, someone somewhere will always use them, lol.

Is populating Windows Properties really much faster than ListItem generation? That surprises me as the ListItem is done within a loop that is already running wheres doing it through the skin goes through the loop then has to do one of its own.

Does plexht stack into seasons?

Way faster, and I'm testing on 2 core Intel CPU - take a look yourself and compare how fast you get dynamic movies shelf as opposed to tv shows.

Pht stacks them to seasons, yes.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It's hard to catch you guys on IRC so I'll leave a quick message here.

I was going to start working on the python addon to integrate ondeck to each section today. I think I may not get going on it for a few more days though since I am stating to feel ill.

I have taken a few minutes to look at some of the XBMC python docs and it seems it should not be very difficult to build XBMC gui via python. I have never done this before, but looks simple enough where I can be confident I can get something to work quickly.

I am going to try and tackle it the same way as Plex does where I will populate one ondeck list and automatically re-populate the list each time a new section is selected. Same for Recently Added. Then we can add caching.
Just a little info about progress:

Git version of Amber with PleXBMC 3.2.4 should be bug free now. Please test.

For install info - see first post.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Brilliant work, I really like your integration of plexbmc into Amber. I have a query though which I hope you can help me with.

What I want to do is have the house set up with different users so that everyone has there own on deck settings to track progress of the tv shows etc. I have this working fine when using other clients such as the iOS ones where each user has been setup to have their own myplex user with access to my server. When I login to the options on the pleXBMC add-on with a different userid it seems to ignore that and always shows the default on deck settings.

Do you know if this should work the way I described or is this a feature not implemented yet due to multiple user support only being for plexpass members currently.

Thanks again for the hard work that goes into this.
(2013-10-28, 18:51)im85288 Wrote: Brilliant work, I really like your integration of plexbmc into Amber. I have a query though which I hope you can help me with.

What I want to do is have the house set up with different users so that everyone has there own on deck settings to track progress of the tv shows etc. I have this working fine when using other clients such as the iOS ones where each user has been setup to have their own myplex user with access to my server. When I login to the options on the pleXBMC add-on with a different userid it seems to ignore that and always shows the default on deck settings.

Do you know if this should work the way I described or is this a feature not implemented yet due to multiple user support only being for plexpass members currently.

Thanks again for the hard work that goes into this.

I would try making separate profiles in xbmc. Be sure to choose that settings are not shared and enable login screen. Then set main profile to use main myplex login and kids profile to login with their own (in plexbmc settings). Should work.

Let me know how if that works.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2