PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
pecinko Offline
Donor
(2014-09-15 03:16)jumblekn Wrote:  Thanks puithove and pecinko for the replies. The use case is to combine my local media which is on Plex with streaming sources like Netflix, Amazon, and Vudu.

In that case I'm not sure where the problem is since you have access to all XBMC add ons when in GoPlex mode. You can even make your own add on shelf by assigning your fav add ons to it in skin settings?

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

find quote
jumblekn Offline
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on this. I have been having some stability issues with PlexBMC and I have been trying to figure out what is causing it. I didn't sleep much last night, but I learned some fairly interesting things about my network, like the fact that the wireless extender I have my HTPC hooked up to is assigning it a virtual MAC address.

(2014-09-13 14:19)puithove Wrote:  Just browse to whatever node in the PleXBMC add-on you want (must be in Go XBMC mode), open the context menu, and add it to Favorites. Then in the Amber skin settings, you can add that favorite in as one of the empty Home Menu entry items - only Favorites can be added in this way.

For some reason, when I pull up the context menu on a Plex Library in XBMC mode I do not get the option to add to favorites. This could be related to my previously mentioned PlexBMC stability issues, or it could be user error. Either way, not a big deal because I got the alternative working.

(2014-09-13 17:36)pecinko Wrote:  As already mentioned, you can either add XBMC or Plex sections as a custom menu items in skin settings via favorites...

I was able to add a upnp source (Netflix via PlayOn) as a favorite in XBMC, add this to the skin home menu open slot, and have it show up in the menu in Plex mode. Thanks for the suggestion. I honestly had not tried this before because I made an assumption when the "Movies" menu item from XBMC did not show up in Plex mode, that none of them would. You know what they say about assumptions.

(2014-09-15 10:38)pecinko Wrote:  In that case I'm not sure where the problem is since you have access to all XBMC add ons when in GoPlex mode. You can even make your own add on shelf by assigning your fav add ons to it in skin settings?

I will have to attempt making an add on shelf next.

Thanks again to all for all the help!
find quote