Upnp filter question
Hello all

I was just wondering if XBMC had the option to filter what it shows to a device that connects to XBMC's upnp service.

For example can XBMC only show unwatched items to any device that queries it?
Can XBMC mark something as watched when some device plays it via upnp?

I have a couple of boxes running XBMC around the house and use an sql database to sync watched info etc. This is working great. Currently in my bedroom I watch via an Apple TV which I cant Jailbreak and run XBMC on it due to no untethered jailbreak being available for the ver of software I am running on it. I do however have an old media box that can access upnp. I have tested and it works perfectly but would love to be able to get this watched / unwatched working as well if it is possible. I want to be running everything on one system if possible. Its a pain to watch something in bed via ATV then remember to manually mark it as watched in XBMC and also the other way around.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Richard
You can make a smart playlist on the "host" XBMC device that filters content (including watch status), and then you should be able to add/browse a UPnP source to the UPnP playback device by going to that XBMC -> Videos -> Playlists
(2013-10-19, 04:32)Ned Scott Wrote: You can make a smart playlist on the "host" XBMC device that filters content (including watch status), and then you should be able to add/browse a UPnP source to the UPnP playback device by going to that XBMC -> Videos -> Playlists

Excellent! Many thanks for that. I will look at that.

Would XBMC recognize that a device has streamed the video via upnp and then mark it as watched or would I have to do that manually?
It is partially working.

I have created 2 smart playlists, 1 for movies and 1 for tv shows.
The movies list is working perfectly and only showing unwatched movies.

However the tv shows playlist is not working properly. It correctly only lists the shows where there are any unwatched episodes. All shows that have been watched in full are hidden. So far so good, but the shows it does display contain all the episodes of that show whether watched or not.
It works if I use type of episodes instead of TV shows.

Problem with that though is that all the episodes get dumped in one big list. There are no subfolders per show as there is if type is tv shows.
When I have such a large amount of unwatched shows in the list it would be a nightmare finding exactly what I want if its all just in one directory.

Anybody have any ideas on what else I can try to get this working?
Hmmm, not sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upnp filter question0