DTS-HD TrueHD capable on DG45FC G45 flying creek
Hi guys - been searching the net for this and can't seem to find a definitive answer (most posts are older and talk about talk of software support) so hoping someone with experience can answer me.

I've got Yamaha RX-V673 AMP capable of DTS-Hd and TrueHD, I'm using the intel DG45FC board with xbmcbuntu 12.0 using HDMI. Standard DTS audio etc works fine however it seems when I play blurays and files using DTS-HD etc all I get is static through the receiver, if switch off the HD related receiver settings in xbmc everything works fine. Been a while since I've researched hardware for xbmc (the board has just done what i wanted for years). I'm aware DG45FC is an older board. G45 chipset (flying creek - i think), 4500HD graphics.

Would anyone know if this is a lack of hardware support on the motherboard or if it configuration problems with my setup?

Cheers
HD audio support didn't come to Intel until Clarksdale (Intel HD Graphics) and you needed an i3 or better.
(2013-10-18, 23:03)Dougie Fresh Wrote: HD audio support didn't come to Intel until Clarksdale (Intel HD Graphics) and you needed an i3 or better.

And once Sandy Bridge arrived it was available (and continues to be with Ivy Bridge and Haswell) on Pentiums and Celerons too.
Thanks guys - looks like i've got an excuse to upgrade :-). Based on what i've been reading in the forum looks like a celeron NUC should do HD audio and 1080p video, (correct me if I'm wrong). Also seems like the Gigabyte Brix could an option - think a bit more reading is in need, to catch up on current offerings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD TrueHD capable on DG45FC G45 flying creek0