Am I asking too much?
(2013-10-20, 20:17)hudo Wrote: It's compatible with all PVRs. It contains a few additional changes specific to pvr.vuplus but everything else is git HEAD.

Update the card manually. Connect it your computer and copy the files over the old ones. Automatic update process using the "Update" folder is known to be somewhat moody.

Ah, thanks. That worked great.

I enabled the NPVR add-on and it is indeed faster with regard to channel changes, probably on the order of 3-4 seconds. Not too bad. However, I did have the video stop once with a "connection lost" message, and then later the video just froze for no apparent reason. So I'd imagine the kinks are still being worked out.

I was going to try the WMC add-on, but unfortunately I cannot seem to get it enabled. I can enable and configure it via the UI, but as soon as I exit those screens it looks like it disables again. Not quite sure what is going on there.
(2013-10-21, 08:15)eds72 Wrote: Ah, thanks. That worked great.

I enabled the NPVR add-on and it is indeed faster with regard to channel changes, probably on the order of 3-4 seconds. Not too bad. However, I did have the video stop once with a "connection lost" message, and then later the video just froze for no apparent reason. So I'd imagine the kinks are still being worked out.
It would be more likely to be ironed out if you post debug logs of such behaviour Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-21, 08:15)eds72 Wrote: Ah, thanks. That worked great.

I was going to try the WMC add-on, but unfortunately I cannot seem to get it enabled. I can enable and configure it via the UI, but as soon as I exit those screens it looks like it disables again. Not quite sure what is going on there.

It's still under heavy development so bugs are prone to exist. Still it's very usable as it is.

(2013-10-21, 13:14)Blinn Moris Wrote: It look that you are having the problems with your whole system . Kindly change this up and have the right deals to make this eligible to have the proper working of it.

Spambot
Using Rbej's latest build for Gotham (which leverages the 1.8.x mythtv pvr addon) I get excellent menu performance, and that includes EPG menu's. Channel change (this is using mythtv as a backend, of course) is on the order of 2-3 seconds, about what my buddy gets with DirectTV (I know, some may still say SLOW!). Like you Eds, I was pretty frustrated with the Pi performance as it was just good enough to be a tease, but I can say that it's finally tolerable. I hope more improvements can be made, and thanks to all that have made them and are still devoting their valuable time to do so.
Has anyone successfully installed a recent Gotham build that includes speed fixes along with the WMC client? I tried extracting the WMC client from RaspBMC and installing, but get an error saying the prerequisite "xbmc.pvr 1.8.0" is missing. I am not even sure how to figure out what version of "xbmc.pvr" my build includes, let alone how to get this client installed.
As you haven't even told us which version of anything you are using, how do you expect help?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-31, 07:07)nickr Wrote: As you haven't even told us which version of anything you are using, how do you expect help?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking for specific help, I am simply asking if anyone has had success with ANY of the XBMC distros that are from the Gotham tree, include speed fixes, and will support the WMC client. If so, I could use general guidance such as "Yes, I used xxx build of yyy distro with the pvr client from zzz."

Perhaps the confusion came from my lamenting about the latest of many roadblocks I've hit trying to achieve the above. In that specific case, I was using the build Hudo provided earlier in this thread and trying to import the WMC Gotham client using the process described here that I adapted for Gotham rather than Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Am I asking too much?0