problem with remote control CEC
Hi,
Sometimes my CEC remote control don' works, Kodi won't detects.
Is normal? There is a workaround?
Thanks and sorry for my English!
Depends on your TV. My Vizio I have to go in to settings click on CEC then search for device to get Kodi to show back up again in HDMI
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Sad 
(2015-03-30, 04:07)Rickt1962 Wrote: Depends on your TV. My Vizio I have to go in to settings click on CEC then search for device to get Kodi to show back up again in HDMI
Yeah. In my Samsung I must go to settings and search the device also, but sometimes dont find it Undecided
do you have any other CEC enabled devices plugged to your TV? Or is there an AVR in between?
(2015-03-30, 16:29)da-anda Wrote: do you have any other CEC enabled devices plugged to your TV? Or is there an AVR in between?

I have other device plugged (chromecast).
Yes I remember somewhere in one of my logs my Chromecast hammering Kodi with UPNP as well. I will try and track it down...

I am experiencing problems too on Samsung 'Anynet' branded CEC.

The remote does not always work when my Pi is turned on. When Kodi starts (latest Helix stable) it comes up Pulse Eight - Updated Configuration then Connected - TV. Sometimes Updated Configuration only flashes up really quickly (or not at all) and I know it won't work.

No matter how many reboots of the Pi it will not work. The only thing that will resolve this is to physically unplug the TV power cable and plug it back in.

I have tried different HDMI ports, a different HDMI cable, checked all my settings are right and I'm at a loss.

I have seen a number of threads stating this has been a problem since Kodi 14. I have been using this since Openelec 4.9.7 and it's still a problem under 5.0.8.
have you tried extracting the edid and forcing that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with remote control CEC0