Correct Buffer Cache for RPi2
Curious to know what buffer values people are using on the Pi2? The current 20MB cache size is just not enough and I find when watch online HD content I get allot of buffering. I have read the wiki below and increased the cache from 20MB to 100MB which uses 300MB of RAM. It's either that or set the value to 0 so it uses the SD card for cache, I would assume to keep everything lag free upping the cache over RAM would be better than using the SD card.

I use Eminence skin and after watching some videos and checking RAM usage under system info it has about 500MB free, which means during video play and with all cache being used I should still have 200MB to spare.

So what settings are you guys using? or rather what are some safe settings for the Pi2. I have no issues with HD local content coming from my NAS just online HD content is unwatchable.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_...ache#Notes
I have elected to load kodi from an external HDD and then did this...

Code:
<network>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
  </network>

It works perfectly.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Why set the buffer value to 1, do you notice increased performance for local content?

All my media are on my server and when you first boot the very first file you play takes 15+ seconds to play but the rest are very quick
advancedsettings>-
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>90000000</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor></network>
<songinfoduration>200</songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct Buffer Cache for RPi20