• 6(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Popcornmix, I was mistaken, sound is bad for two hd channels (1st and 6th).

For bad channels VLC reports audio info :
Codec : A/52 B Audio (aka E-AC3) (eac3)
Langue : Français
Canaux : 3F2M/LFE
Fréquence d'échantillonnage: 48000 Hz
Bits par échantillon : 16
video stream is 1 and audio is 0.

idem for working channel except :
Canaux : Stéréo
and stream video is 0 and audio is 1.

So issue seems to be audio channels 3F2M/LFE, which I absolutely dont know what it is.
OK, I'm sorry to have bothered... I didnt know I could choose audio stream in xmbc. So it looks like 3F2M/LFE is 5.1 which is probably not supported somewhere, but I dont know where exactly.
Just for information, audio output is set to analogic to go to old sound system. If I set to hdmi it is working.
(2013-11-09, 03:06)thomas.parquier Wrote: Just for information, audio output is set to analogic to go to old sound system. If I set to hdmi it is working.
I think you'll have to explain a bit more clearly how the sound is bad.
hdmi is working. Analogue audio is bad? In what way?
Multichannel is bad, but stereo audio is good?

Can you try setting speaker configuration to 2.0 when hdmi is selected, and then switch to analogue - any better?
(2013-11-08, 22:14)miappa Wrote: Hey miker,

I´m not seeing this (tested on Confluence and Amber), do you mean in video file mode where you add sources?
What skin are you using?

Latest is probably a little unstable as it is from when November merge window just opened, and I believe there has been some changes in the GUI and skin code so there might be issues.

The skin was standard confluence, and I was trying to add sources but lacked the option. How I got around it was switching back to the Rasmbc release, adding my sources, and then switch back to the Nov. 4th release.

I also noticed in the Nov. 4 release that trying to move the mouse during video playback and select video or sound options beneath the seek bar was very flaky sometime they were missing, sometimes I could click them but no dialog would open. I only needed to access once to turn off subtitles.
(2013-11-09, 15:03)miker25 Wrote: I also noticed in the Nov. 4 release that trying to move the mouse during video playback and select video or sound options beneath the seek bar was very flaky sometime they were missing, sometimes I could click them but no dialog would open. I only needed to access once to turn off subtitles.

Has this ever worked? Can you point to the most recent build where it did work?
It worked on openelec 3.2.3, which is what i was on before switching to the nov. 4th rasbmc build
This is a known issue on Pi and Gotham, there is another thread somewhere covering this and there is also a trac ticket. Also, this has been covered in this thread as well, so browse back a little and you will find more information about this.
I think popcornmix wanted to know if you ever had this working on Gotham?
(2013-11-09, 13:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 03:06)thomas.parquier Wrote: Just for information, audio output is set to analogic to go to old sound system. If I set to hdmi it is working.
I think you'll have to explain a bit more clearly how the sound is bad.
hdmi is working. Analogue audio is bad? In what way?
Multichannel is bad, but stereo audio is good?

Can you try setting speaker configuration to 2.0 when hdmi is selected, and then switch to analogue - any better?

yes sorry.
The sound is bad like if it were played slowly.
Analogue output is plugged to an old 3.1 ampli-tuner. HDMI goes to an old TV as well, but hdmi still.
When hdmi output is selected in xbmc, speaker configuration is set to 3.1.

So now, I've modified this speaker configuration : 2.0 when hdmi, then back to analogue output.
I've then selected back 5.1 stream for hd tv channel, and tada it is working, thank you.
But sound volume is lower than other SD channels.
thank you for the builds, can i pls ask?

if i load in a 3d video file(hsbs or hou), assuming i have naming convention correct, should i see an option to force output as frame packed video?

thx in advance,
Dam0
(2013-11-09, 15:38)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 15:03)miker25 Wrote: I also noticed in the Nov. 4 release that trying to move the mouse during video playback and select video or sound options beneath the seek bar was very flaky sometime they were missing, sometimes I could click them but no dialog would open. I only needed to access once to turn off subtitles.

Has this ever worked? Can you point to the most recent build where it did work?

i hoop i can help ; This option has never worked on my raspberry pi rasbmc but sound options has work
Hi,

are there any known problems with playing DVD movies (VIDEO_TS files) from a NAS (using NFS)?

I have the latest RaspBMC-Nightly (20131110) installed on my Pi and when I try to play a DVD movie from my Synology NAS using NFS ... RaspBMC is not able to open the movie ... I only see the endless rotating circle.

I have no problems to play a .vob-file direct ... so it looks to me that it's a problem with DVD menues ...

Any hints?
(2013-11-13, 23:12)cooliemueller Wrote: Any hints?

Yes, upload a debug log (wiki) to pastebin or xbmclogs.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-13, 23:12)cooliemueller Wrote: Any hints?

Gotham raspbmc builds don't support DVD due to dvdcss not being enabled (even if dvds are not encrypted).
Try a frodo raspbmc build, or an openelec gotham build.
Heya, I have added a notification service to the RaspBMC Settings addon. Can someone else test it on an up to date version? Or maybe even another out of date version?

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11541

Thanks,
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15