• 4(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Hey dude my fav os is Raspbmc but its not working stable with my sd card san disk ultra 16gb sometimes raspbmc not starting and getting black screen . OpenElec also not starting only with this bootcode.bin
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...otcode.bin

now the question is raspbmc dont have the bootcode.bin and i cant use them . Later i will change the os to an usb but now i want to use Raspbmc.
How can is use raspbmc with my sd card ?
(2013-10-30, 19:36)ranem123 Wrote: Hey dude my fav os is Raspbmc but its not working stable with my sd card san disk ultra 16gb sometimes raspbmc not starting and getting black screen . OpenElec also not starting only with this bootcode.bin

now the question is raspbmc dont have the bootcode.bin and i cant use them . Later i will change the os to an usb but now i want to use Raspbmc.
How can is use raspbmc with my sd card ?

There is a newer bootcode.bin:
any different?

Is there an older bootcode.bin that you are happy with?
with the old bootcode.bin i can boot openelec and your build but with the bootcode.bin in your build i getting an black screen after first start with openelec.
My problem is i want to use Raspbmc but raspbmc use start.x or something ?
(2013-10-30, 20:04)ranem123 Wrote: with the old bootcode.bin i can boot openelec and your build but with the bootcode.bin in your build i getting an black screen after first start with openelec.
My problem is i want to use Raspbmc but raspbmc use start.x or something ?

All distributions require bootcode.bin, start.elf and fixup.dat to boot the GPU.
(if config.txt contains start_x=1 then bootcode.bin, start_x.elf and fixup_x.dat are required).

You can try copying these three files from a working sdcard to a not working one.
@ranem123
I am not sure what you have done or what you you are trying to do, but as popcornmix says, no matter distro you have to have those files on the vfat partition to boot.
If you somehow have deleted files or something, download this, unpack and copy all the files to your SD card (if you are on USB or NFS install you have to modify cmdline.txt).
If you are running any build in this thread, see first post how to update firmware files (from "next" tree).
Note that Raspbmc uses start_x.elf and fixup_x.dat.
i will try it my problem is that i getting an black screen with raspbmc builds and openelec official builds i must download an older bootcode.bin !
I just installed this build and now my multichannel flac files are played as 5.1 :-)
However, xbmc stucks at 'loading' when I try to play an dvd-iso file. May this be an issue in this particular build or in Gotham?
(2013-11-01, 14:08)MorgothRB Wrote: I just installed this build and now my multichannel flac files are played as 5.1 :-)
However, xbmc stucks at 'loading' when I try to play an dvd-iso file. May this be an issue in this particular build or in Gotham?

It's because it's not built with --enable-dvdcss.
OpenELEC does build with that option.
Were Frodo-builds built with that option? Dvd-isos played fine on that builds.
dvdcss is used to crack the encryption key on DVD´s so I don´t believe that this is the issue here, specially since it worked previously.
It does help to natively play some DVD iso´s etc. but it should still work (unless something changed in Gotham making dvdcss necessary?).

Raspbmc has never had this enabled.

I don´t have any DVD´s myself so I cannot test at the moment.
(2013-11-01, 14:46)miappa Wrote: dvdcss is used to crack the encryption key on DVD´s so I don´t believe that this is the issue here, specially since it worked previously.
It does help to natively play some DVD iso´s etc. but it should still work (unless something changed in Gotham making dvdcss necessary?).

I'm pretty sure about this. I've built with dvdcss disabled and all iso files hang on open. I've rebuilt with dvdcss enabled and iso files play.
This may well be due to changes in updated ffmpeg used in Gotham.
Ah ok, thanks for the info.
If updated ffmpeg can cause this it certainly explains it (bit surprised I haven´t seen reports on this, but most probably still use Frodo).

Hmmm.....
Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3 branch.
This is the same as previous build but rebased on Gotham the 31st of October (so sort of a ”monthly build”). Firmware (”next”) has been updated.

To install, first update your firmware files from "next" as explained in post #1 and reboot.
Then, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131101-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/uCqPUQ --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131101-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131101-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131101-newclock3
In Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you run into any trouble, see post #1
Hello,

New builds work much better, regarding to video decoding.
Except that TV channel 2 (france2) has audio issue in HD : sound is distorded, like very slow.
I watch TV channels from DVB-T via tvheadend. HD channels are mp4 video, whereas SD channel are mpeg2. France2 SD works well, but not HD. Weird enough, france2 seems to have specific encoding because other HD channels do not have this issue.
(2013-11-04, 14:55)thomas.parquier Wrote: New builds work much better, regarding to video decoding.
Except that TV channel 2 (france2) has audio issue in HD : sound is distorded, like very slow.
I watch TV channels from DVB-T via tvheadend. HD channels are mp4 video, whereas SD channel are mpeg2. France2 SD works well, but not HD. Weird enough, france2 seems to have specific encoding because other HD channels do not have this issue.

Can you record a sample to a file and post a link? (assuming file playback is slow as well).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15