• 13(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Mine is 3D capable and I set to detect if is 3d or not
@popcornmix
Yes, 3D TV.

And for the second part, you are probably right, maybe my mind playing tricks. But if I do see anything (will try to compare) I will report back.
Can you tell me if there is a fix to view 3D Films in 2D monoscopic view on non 3D flatscreens ?
Until now this Feature does not work on my Pi with recent Gotham builds

Or is it still work do to in the future?
(2013-12-08, 15:39)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
Yes, 3D TV.

I've done some digging and found that the pixel ratio = 0.5 bug is provoked by the 3D modes. I've added a fix to newclock3.
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...64c4305a60
Thanks!
Pixel ratio and also top/left etc settings or just pixel ratio?
(2013-12-08, 18:41)fernandovg Wrote: Pixel ratio and also top/left etc settings or just pixel ratio?

Probably both.
@popcornmix
Very nice, cheers. Will try this soon.
I am also wondering what bylderup asked, 2D-mode works for me in Frodo but not in Gotham. Perhaps this is even related, will test some as soon as I have a new build.
(2013-12-08, 18:55)miappa Wrote: I am also wondering what bylderup asked, 2D-mode works for me in Frodo but not in Gotham. Perhaps this is even related, will test some as soon as I have a new build.
It's a different issue. I'm just looking into mono playback for 3d videos.
Ok, thanks.
The rate you fix things in I should probably wait with a new build. Wink
I already got it running... BUT! I saw Sam´s pull request and that you added it to newclock3.
I´ll wait 30 minutes before I get going again, do you have anything more planned for tonight? Big Grin
(2013-12-08, 19:45)miappa Wrote: Ok, thanks.
The rate you fix things in I should probably wait with a new build. Wink
I already got it running... BUT! I saw Sam´s pull request and that you added it to newclock3.
I´ll wait 30 minutes before I get going again, do you have anything more planned for tonight? Big Grin

I'll try to get mono view of 3d working today, hopefully within next hour. That will probably be the last commit today.
Thanks a lot, I´ll wait a bit then.
(2013-12-08, 20:13)miappa Wrote: Thanks a lot, I´ll wait a bit then.

Okay, committed - think I'm done for today.
Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3, rebased on XBMC master on Dec 7.

New features and fixes:
• Fix for issues with IOS7 Airplay (thanks Sam!)
• 2D (mono) playback for 3D movies
• Fix for bug with 3D TV´s where pixel aspect ratio was reset to 0.5
• Fix for screen calibration with 3D TV´s being reset
Included since previous builds:
• Working DVD playback
• GUI sounds (with fix for GUI sounds/passtrhough issues)
• Fix for subtitles (both unsync and all subs rendered at 0)
• Fix for broken skin.widget
• Various patches from bavison (speed improvements etc.)
• Various fixes in XBMC master

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131208-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz http://goo.gl/qjDdVK --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131208-newclock3-dvd
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131208-newclock3-dvd.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131208-newclock3-dvd
cd xbmc-13-20131208-newclock3-dvd/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.
@popcornmix
All 1080-settings in guisettings.xml got the following values which caused issues when switching off the guires limit:
Code:
<resolution>
            <description>1920x1080 @ 50.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <subtitles>694</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <overscan>
                <left>1</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1280</right>
                <bottom>720</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
I edited this manually to 1920 and 1080 which worked.
Edit: The values for subtitles are also wrong (in the middle of the screen). Changed it manually to 1060 which seemed to be ok.
Edit2: I think (not sure) that this fixed itself when I reset and recalibrated. Might just have been a "normal" guisetting issue when doing things in the wrong order.

Other than that everything seems to work, I have tested all of the new fixes.
(2013-12-08, 22:05)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
All 1080-settings in guisettings.xml got the following values which caused issues when switching off the guires limit:

Unfortunately overscan (calibration) settings are handled in GUI pixels, rather than display resolution pixels (which I feel would be better). This means switching always breaks calibration.

Changing the meaning of these in guisettings.xml would obviously break everyone's calibration.
I need to think about some way of handling this.
Before Gotham final release I'd like to make 1080p GUI the default, it's just awkward to switch because of this issue.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15