• 20(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
@fernandog
Thanks, updated now.

@carmenm
I initially thought of creating a simple script but realized that it will just be easier for everyone to just copy/paste as long as the commands are properly setup.
I also realized that if one choose to use a simple script it will still take at least as many commands to set the script up (and perhaps prompts), so I choose to keep it simple as copy/paste of all commands at the same time (not line after line) should work in most terminals/consoles.
OUps i did not even look at the url Big Grin
Iget your point. Still will use it here as it keeps things clean for me.

Thanks for reporting so quickly
Hi everybody, I have a question about the 'DVD playback' in the latest builds. In early December, there have been a few releases that mention "DVD playback" in their release notes. Does this mean DVD playback was broken and has been fixed so it works as before, or does this mean there have been improvements regarding DVD playback?
I am a bit reluctant to start using these test builds in stead of the official RaspBMC releases, because of database incompatibilities and the libdvdcss-hassle, but I also would like to have better DVD playback support on my PI, since for a number of discs the menus aren't handled properly at the moment in the official release...
Thanks for all the amazing work that's being done on this project!
Hi jeroenz,

I should have mentioned, I decided to always enable dvdcss so dropped the name and announcement regarding this.
Also, Pi Audio Sink for ActiveAE is now in XBMC master so dropped the name there to.

Edit: Someone else has to answer you if these builds are better or worse regaring DVD playback though as I don´t have more than one DVD iso (for testing purposes). Dvdcss is enabled (which it isn´t in the official Raspbmc release) so there is a difference.
However, the reason why I started to include it here is simply that it was problems playing DVD without dvdcss at all in Gotham, probably due to ffmpeg bump (where in Frodo it works quite well without it).
(2014-01-09, 10:50)miappa Wrote: I should have mentioned, I decided to always enable dvdcss so dropped the name and announcement regarding this.

Hi miappa,
Thanks for elaborating, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean that libdvdcss is now included in the test builds, or that we now should always install it manually ourselves. (From the announcements I understood the latter...)

I hope someone else can tell me if these test builds have better DVD-menu support than the current official Raspbmc release...

Thanks a bunch!
I do not include the actual library in my build so, one time only / setup, you have to compile it (see post 1).
This takes a couple of minutes only.

If I enable libdvdcss in my build (this can be enabled or disable when compiling XBMC) I will include the instructions how to copy and create symlinks (last 4 rows in my instructions above).

So, compiling libdvdcss as explained in first post is only needed once.
Then you can just copy/paste the installation instruction into the terminal window and everything should be good to go.

As a side note:
I have ran 2 setups with my last builds (since Dec 30) without the libraries and everything works just fine, even DVD playback (?).
Cool! I guess I should give it a go without libdvdcss first then and see what happens. I don't need the decrypting anyway since I'm running decrypted ISO's and ifo/vob's.
Thanks again...
There is something wrong with the seconds while playing a movie. If I press info button on remote, you can see the elapsed time but the seconds act weird. It displays the same and upcoming seconds multiple times. Like this: 0:12:12 after that 0:12:13 and then 0:12:12 again? Don't know how to explain actually....
@mduran
Tried to reproduce this by playing all sorts of files but couldn´t, seems to be working on all things I throw at it.
Is it only a specific file or all the time?
FYI: I've seen this regularly while playing video in DVD menu's, e.g. transition video's from one menu to the other, but never during DVD 'main movie' or other formats...
I would be interesting to hear from mduran what he's playing...
(2014-01-09, 16:11)jeroenz Wrote: I hope someone else can tell me if these test builds have better DVD-menu support than the current official Raspbmc release...

I'm testing DVD playing with ISOs I ripped off some DVDs I own. There are two major DVD bugs in these releases:

- buttons are overlaid incorrectly (they are zoomed to the entire screen rather than to the video area, so they are typically too high in the top part of the screen and too low in the bottom part; overscan also affects it so they may be in the wrong horizontal position too)

- there is some problem with still frames, which causes "single-frame" menus to be shown incorrectly. Typically the main menu will be shown correctly, but YMMV for language, extra and chapter selection.

Apart from this, DVD playing is almost perfect.

I wrote a quick-and-dirty program to decrypt the ISOs, but otherwise leave in all the content and menus, to compare the official and test builds. With the official builds, I cannot even get to the point where I can identify bugs clearly...

I'm trying to cross-compile XBMC right now so that I can look at the first bug, which seems relatively easy to fix. There are a few differences between these builds and the official RaspBMC (e.g. RSS is disabled by default in RaspBMC, the power button doesn't bring up the menu here, etc.) but nothing surprising.
Interesting!
Let us know if you find anything, I don´t use it myself but I am certain that many will appreciate better working DVD menus.
And if you want you can of course post test builds here.
Note: This build have been updated with this patch, and renamed *-nc3-2. If you run the first version named *-nc3 I recommend that you update.

Updated Gotham build from, based on XBMC master Jan 10 with newclock3 commits.

See XBMC master and here for extra PR´s (and what´s reverted).
• Many things in XBMC master
• Main thing is dvdplayer has been re-enabled. See here for more information.

To use DVDPlayer: Highlight a movie/video, bring up context menu, press 'play using' and choose dvdplayer.
I can confirm that it actually works really well on some SD media I have (DIV3).

If you don´t have libdvdcss already you will have to compile this as explained in post #1.
Nov/Dec update or latest firmware from master tree recommended, also explained in post #1.

To install, SSH to Pi and (note the ” .” (space + dot) in the end of the cp command!):
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140110-nc3-2.tar.gz http://goo.gl/wQkb1Y --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140110-nc3-2
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20140110-nc3-2.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20140110-nc3-2
cd xbmc-13-20140110-nc3-2/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you come from an old build or from Frodo, deleting guisettings.xml is recommended.
Also, re-check all settings as some things can change and/or revert to default.

Please test dvdplayer and report back, specifically codecs that are unsupported such as div3, wmv2 etc.
I have only tested briefly myself, but playing a div3 video with resolution 640x480 seems to work just fine. My ARM is set to 1080MHz.
Last build have been updated with a fix for dvd images defaulting to omxplayer (confirmed that it works as it should).
The new build is renamed *-nc3-2, if you run the first version named *-nc3 I recommend that you update.
(2014-01-10, 14:33)miappa Wrote: @mduran
Tried to reproduce this by playing all sorts of files but couldn´t, seems to be working on all things I throw at it.
Is it only a specific file or all the time?

I didn't had this screen on the entire movie. That is what I noticed.. Not a big deal for me. But I thought let me share it with you ;-)

Also when playing a mkv file with DTS sound the picture started to stutter again, just like some older builds. It is like it drops some frames every few seconds. I cannot see anything in the debug log for this. This also happens with older NC3 builds. Did not notice this before. This also happens with the Raspbmc January release. It can also be my mkv that is the issue here, but I have multiple mkv's with DTS that issue this stutter:

Here is an mediainfo of one:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2h 10mn
Bit rate : 11.6 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.316
Stream size : 10.3 GiB (82%)
Writing library : x264 core 130 r2273 b3065e6
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=64 / lookahead_threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=11642 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 2h 10mn
Bit rate mode : Constant