• 50(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
ok, sorry
i've fresh install this build now on my 3th Raspi.
I' didnt can shutdown two Raspis (made by Sony LTD)over OSD.
...this 2 Raspi's have noise between the MTV.de Stream (loud)

The only full playing Raspi (Nr.1 made in Korea) is on my LCD-TV over 'HDMI' and works fine for me without "white noise/crackling"

....will switch back to the last build now.
(2014-03-06, 21:43)miappa Wrote: @ElectricPim
What do you add to /etc/modules?
snd_soc_bcm2708
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_pcm5102a
snd_soc_hifiberry_dac

FYI I did try to enable/disable `external soundcard` before but that made no difference. HifiBerry not showing up in XBMC with 5/3 build.
It does play with aplay and mpd
I just noticed that USB Audio cards do NOT show up in XBMC audio device settings, when I'm PLAYING music through it with MPD at the moment XBMC is (re)started.
When I play no music with MPD they get listed like: Enumerated ALSA devices

So can it be that somehow the Hifiberry is listed `in use`.

I stopped MPD completely, but still no HifiBerry showing up after a XBMC restart unfortunately.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 06 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• NC3: Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode (HDMI power saving) *
• NC3: Skip the resize when not needed when decoding jpegs (memory and speed improvements)
• NC3: Use media for determing audio delay and cache time
• NC3: Skip picture attachments in music files they cause audio to hang (in tags?)
• NC3: Make actual power off disabled unless overridden (in advancedsettings.xml?)
• NC3: Test: Improved support for airplay and IOS7 clients
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 28th of Feb recommended.
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140306-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/69gZd4 --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140306-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140306-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140306-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140306-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

* Support for virtual suspend/sleep mode
Enable this feature in ’Settings - System - Power Saving’ -> set ’Shutdown function’ to ’ Suspend’.
This will not put the Pi into a ”real” sleep mode, only disable HDMI (until any action from keyboard or remote).
And I just noticed that the EAF (elementary audio funktions) works better in the past.. . lol
Please, step by step - i think Miappa will fix that ;-)

upps - he 've done :-) :-)
@popcornmix, tested many times of each, some weird behavior:
• Cannot shutdown, disables HDMI (hibernate?) or restart XBMC (depending on skin): debug log confluence (restart) & debug log on Eminence ("hibernate")
• Cannot reboot, only restarts XBMC: debug log
(2014-03-06, 23:23)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix, tested many times of each, some weird behavior:
• Cannot shutdown, disables HDMI (hibernate?) or restart XBMC (depending on skin): debug log confluence (restart) & debug log on Eminence ("hibernate")

Yes, I think the virtual suspend patches need a *lot* more work. They work for Milhouse, but no one else (including me).
I think I'll have to pull them from newclock3 and put them in a more experimental branch until they behave better...

..and they are banished. You can get them here:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/standby_mode
(2014-03-06, 23:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 23:23)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix, tested many times of each, some weird behavior:

Yes, I think the virtual suspend patches need a *lot* more work. They work for Milhouse, but no one else (including me).
I think I'll have to pull them from newclock3 and put them in a more experimental branch until they behave better...

..and they are banished. You can get them here:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/standby_mode

Noooooooooooooo. So close. It was working for me except for actually getting the tv to switch off, but that's the TV's issue.

Oh well. Thanks for trying.

Then again, I wasn't shutting down the Pi in those tests so don't know if I was getting same issues.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 06 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• Hibernate mode reverted as it caused too many issues
• NC3: Skip the resize when not needed when decoding jpegs (memory and speed improvements)
• NC3: Use media for determing audio delay and cache time (possible fix for live TV buffering)
• NC3; Skip picture attachments in music files they cause audio to hang
• NC3: Test: Improved support for airplay and IOS7 clients
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 28th of Feb recommended.
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b.tar.gz http://goo.gl/8ULxdW --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b
pv xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b
cd xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.

Note: The ”hibernate” branch is not dead. When worked on, and if wanted, builds can be provided.
Thanks miappa.

I will be eager to test "hibernate/suspend" builds when required. MillhouseVH is assisting in getting some sort of power-off working for me, and he's advised this will be compatible with "hibernate/suspend" builds when they re-emerge.

Keep up the GREAT work. Big Grin
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Whith last update, my raspbmc reboots everytime i make shutdown. Reverted to previous version 20130301 and is working fine.
@Mafarricos
Don´t know uf you missed the talk regarding the 'hibernate' function, try the absolute last build (xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b), it should work better.
Did you include the memory leak commit already? It does not seem to work Sad Whenever I use the Boblight xbmc addon for my ambilight, the memory usage of xbmc.bin constantly rises till the oomkiller is invoked and xbmc get's killed. or do you think its the addon that causes it?
Not sure which one you mean... this one?
If so, yes, it is included.

All commits here (and look here to compare to master).

If you mean anything else, let me know what commit you refer to.

Edit: Also, have you tried Hyperion? It is supposed to be a big improvement over other software, specially regarding CPU usage.
See: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11053
I have a HifiBerry DAC (not Digi) and also the same probs as ElectricPim, a module is missing:
bcm2708_dmaengine

It is the same issue since Sam missed the modules for the Hifiberry when he announced support late last year. In the current FW (28th of February) it is still missing.

The new HifiBerry Digi requires different modules, afailk.
Would it be possible to add this module?

Thank you for your effort Smile
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15