• 53(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-03-07, 19:21)miappa Wrote: Nice one, very good.
Still a bit stumped that you cannot choose it in GUI though. If anybody has an idea let me know.

I build a new kernel today following the guidelines here 3.10.33:
http://elinux.org/RPi_Kernel_Compilation

And now the HifiBerry shows up nicely in your build under Audio output devices. Can select it in the GUI.
So I guess the problem is not in your builds, but somewhere in the 3.10.32 Kernel.
Also the stuttering I had is gone, CPU usage seems a bit higher.
Hello,

I have just insalled "Updated Gotham build 20140306b in post #744". is it normal that i see xbmc 14 Alpha1 under the systeminfo in xbmc?
shouldn´t it be version 13?!
It´s from XBMC master branch that was bumped to 14.0 and 13.0 got it´s own branch now.
It is still in feature freeze so it will be the same when Gotham is ready.

In short, right now 13.0 Beta and 14.0 alpha is pretty much the same and will be until Gotham will be released as a stable build.
thx miappa...
I installed the latest build (thanks) but it seems like all the videos I try to stream via streaming addons like 1channel etc all have major stuttering issues. The audio is fine but the video shakes and could give someone a seizure. Does anyone else have this issue? Everything works perfect for me on the latest frodo release build.
I just did a quick test to get the Wolfson audio card from element14 running and ran into some audio issues with the gotham test build - with raspbmc xbmc-release (12.2) audio was fine.

First my setup: rpi connected to PAL CRT TV via composite video (576i50), SPDIF out of Wolfson audio card connected to my DAC.

I copied the Linux kernel+modules from the wolfson NOOBs image to raspbmc, disabled the default /lib/udev/rules.d/30-sound.rules and added a custom udev rule to set the proper alsa mixer settings (this udev rules calls one of the "use-case" scripts from the Wolfson image). BTW: I skipped the /home/pi/.asoundrc shipping with the Wolfson image which ran the default alsa out through the softvol plugin, because it looks like this caused video stutter with xbmc 12.2.

Here's a tarball of the kernel, modules, udev rules and wolfson "use-case" script(s): http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/raspbmc-w...140310.tgz

I deleted the guisettings.xml, switched to 20140306b test build and configured audio out to use the wolfson card. After that I noticed I was getting loud static instead of the "click" noise when navigating through the menus.

Playing an audio file or a video file with dvdplayer resulted in the same, loud static noise. Then I noticed that when I turned the volume down to some 10-20% within xbmc audio output was OK - I guess the static must have been digital clipping.

One thing I noticed in the xbmc.log was that xbmc choose the sample format AE_FMT_S24NE4 when playing a 16/44.1 flac. I did some tests with the wolfson image, aplay choose S24LE for a 24/96 wav, mplayer used 32bit float for a MP3 and S16LE for a 16/44.1 flac.

Here's the xbmc.log from playing a 16/44.1 flac: http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/xbmc-wolfson-140310.log

I'm not quite sure what exactly is going wrong here - the S24NE4 vs S24LE sample format looks strange, but I have to admit I'm neither really familiar with xbmc/AE nor alsa internals. So I'd really appreciate any hint or what I could check next.

Another thing: when using the default OMXplayer for videos I didn't get any sound at all via the Wolfson card - did I miss something?

so long,

Hias
(2014-03-11, 02:22)HiassofT Wrote: I deleted the guisettings.xml, switched to 20140306b test build and configured audio out to use the wolfson card. After that I noticed I was getting loud static instead of the "click" noise when navigating through the menus.

We had the same issue with HifiBerry card (which uses some of the same drivers as Wolfson). 24-bit audio doesn't work, and has been reverted:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...538173b9b2

You'll need to do that to your kernel.
(2014-03-11, 02:22)HiassofT Wrote: Another thing: when using the default OMXplayer for videos I didn't get any sound at all via the Wolfson card - did I miss something?

OMXPlayer drives the audio from the GPU and doesn't know about alsa.
Only paplayer and dvdplayer support alsa.
@mindgam3
Not allowed to discuss or support piracy addons here. However, it sounds like you didn´t update your firmware(?).
On the latest testbuild my videos are stuttering, what can I do to fix this? Maybe its a simple setting but still..
Working fine here, but I am wondering if latest firmware requires a new build(?).
Did you update today and update firmware today as well?

If so, try to "downgrade" firmware from here and here (until I post an updated build).

This might not be the problem, I don´t know, but working fine here so might be worth a shot.
(2014-03-11, 16:42)miappa Wrote: Working fine here, but I am wondering if latest firmware requires a new build(?).

I don't believe so. You do need the latest firmware with the latest newclock3 build (as it submits floating point audio samples).
I can't think of a reason why latest firmware shouldn't be fine with an earlier xbmc build.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 11 + newclock3 commits + additional commits.

Some info:
• Many things in master since last build (changelog)
• NC3: Fix some issues with buffering and multichannel
• NC3: [hifiberry] Hack to enable passthrough options (new kernel still needed)
• NC3: Fix for 3D movies not in 16/9 format (no stretching)
• Additional/SQLite: Updated SQLite version
• Additional/SQLite: Use mmap to accelerate SQLite file accesses
• Additional: Fix memory leakage in python bindings
• Additional: DVD various fixes related to libdvdnav issues and skip to menu (updated)

Firmware from 10 of Mar recommended (required for some things).
Firmware update, recommendations and additional testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20140311-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/0XgMuy --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20140311-nc3
pv xbmc-13-20140311-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C xbmc-13-20140311-nc3
cd xbmc-13-20140311-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
Activate new build in "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly…/Switch…”, choose new build + restart XBMC.
Installed the last build. After reboot a sudden loud white noise. Had to disable "keep sound alive" (or something since I'm on a non english system) in audio settings.

EDIT: and yes, thanks! Again!
TY for the new build.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15