• 63(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
yes i know for drm content, but for regolar use?
There's some benefit in dvd or they have same performanse?
I've not understand what's the difference between the two, can someone please explane me?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
(2014-03-18, 15:40)Supersimo88 Wrote: yes i know for drm content, but for regolar use?

For most users, just use omxplayer as before. dvdplayer is currently just for testers.
dvdplayer allows dvds with menus and software codecs (like DivX 3) to be played, but it's still experimental.

EDIT: Also, it support ALSA, so is required for sound cards like HifiBerry.
thanks for the help and the information i've really appreciated
Thank you for the update. Airplay works perfectly !!
I noticed on the Mar 13 build that the Back button on XBMC Remote app for Android behavior has changed. During playback of library videos, instead of SmallStepBack, it now overlays the menu over the content playing. This button already exists at the very top of the remote app.

Was this an intentional change? Is there any way to change it back?
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
This is not a change [edit] in any recent build [/edit], it was a change in Gotham a long time ago.
Some devs thought that the back button actually should use action "back" in fullscreen video.

I disagree (since it is not a good function if all you have is CEC or a simple remote/app) so I have remapped it back to smallstepback.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Mar 20 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• NC3: Several commits regarding TrueHD optimisation by bavison
• Commits regarding updated SQLite + mmap is NOT included in this build (test)

Firmware from March 19 included (see here and here for updates since to last build).

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-13-20140320-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/c8n6Pu --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-13-20140320-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140320-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140320-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
cd /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140320-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 libdvdcss.so.2
ln -sf libdvdcss.so.2 libdvdcss.so
sudo reboot
Thanks miappa for the new builds.

Keep up the great work.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
thanks for the new build!

Just tried the 'Updated Gotham build 20140320 in post #937' above using the code above. I had issues with:

pi@raspbmc:~/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140320-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system$ cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0': No such file or directory

but i carried on regardless and Rasbmc boots.
(2014-03-21, 00:05)kaiserkeiser Wrote: thanks for the new build!

Just tried the 'Updated Gotham build 20140320 in post #937' above using the code above. I had issues with:

pi@raspbmc:~/.upgrade/xbmc-13-20140320-nc3/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/lib/xbmc/system$ cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0': No such file or directory

but i carried on regardless and Rasbmc boots.
Code:
cp /usr/local/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.1.0 .
section is for DVD support.
Quote:Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1
Media Companion Dev.
The experimental DVD support in dvdplayer - how would that work on an RPi ? Would that only be usable with a USB DVD drive directly plugged in ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-03-21, 17:24)DBMandrake Wrote: The experimental DVD support in dvdplayer - how would that work on an RPi ? Would that only be usable with a USB DVD drive directly plugged in ?

It's usually used with a dvd image (either a .iso file or a folder structure containing a VIDEO_TS directory).
Just started using these builds after using the stable for a long long time. Very impressive. Tons faster!

BTW is there a way to determine which nightly build you are on.
a grep of the xbmc.log says:
22:14:31 22.455128 T:3037074064 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (14.0-ALPHA1 Git:Unknown). Platform: ARM Linux 32-bit
(2014-03-20, 08:58)miappa Wrote: This is not a change [edit] in any recent build [/edit], it was a change in Gotham a long time ago.
Some devs thought that the back button actually should use action "back" in fullscreen video.

I disagree (since it is not a good function if all you have is CEC or a simple remote/app) so I have remapped it back to smallstepback.
What's the exact edit to achieve this? I have searched the userdata folder and UI.

Thanks!
RaspberryPi Model B
gpu_mem=256
overclock = Fast
xbmc-13-20140313-nc3
Interested myself, as when playing a video, the back button doesn't do SmallStepback.

Gonna have a look at remote.xml in new builds, and compare to XBMC Frodo Live version. see what I can edit into my remote.xml to bring back similar functions.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15