• 80(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
@Hraleinonen
I am saying this a lot and I know it doesn´t help, but working fine here. iOS6 and iOS7, iPad and iPhone, and also iTunes from Mavericks... come to think of it, even all-system-audio-out from mavericks works too.
Everything works for me... so should probably work for you.
But you never know, maybe something is different for you. First try to reboot your devices and test. Also, toggle Airplay on/off in XBMC.
I don´t know if it matters, but if you use password protection perhaps guisettings.xml matters. Either way, you might just try to delete guisettings.xml and test.
If nothing works, post a debug log in the Airplay for XBMC and iOS7 thread.

@jolle1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_re...life_cycle
Edit: Ok, just realized that you probably meant the builds available in Raspbmc settings. To get a certain answer you should probably ask in the Raspbmc forum.
My guess is that beta 3 is... beta 3 and compiled from the Gotham branch while the "release" test build is probably from popcornmix´s backport branch (or something similar) which have some more things included.
(2014-04-16, 20:13)miappa Wrote: @Hraleinonen
I am saying this a lot and I know it doesn´t help, but working fine here. iOS6 and iOS7, iPad and iPhone, and also iTunes from Mavericks... come to think of it, even all-system-audio-out from mavericks works too.
Everything works for me... so should probably work for you.
But you never know, maybe something is different for you. First try to reboot your devices and test. Also, toggle Airplay on/off in XBMC.
I don´t know if it matters, but if you use password protection perhaps guisettings.xml matters. Either way, you might just try to delete guisettings.xml and test.
If nothing works, post a debug log in the Airplay for XBMC and iOS7 thread.

@jolle1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_re...life_cycle

Hi and thanks for the reply. Done all those things before posting. I think that i start debugging after easter and see what comes out. Just asking of this is know error or not.

Br,

(2014-04-15, 12:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 09:14)Gregoire Wrote:
Quote:Changing "adjust refresh..." to on start/stop should avoid the new behaviour.

I have done that. The way I always have it. Still, it switched refreshrates where it shouldn't.

I don't believe refresh rate can change apart from at start/stop when set to "start/stop".
You'll need to provide a debug log which will show this.

If you can provide a sample file that triggers the refresh change (when you think it shouldn't) I can investigate.

EDIT:
are you sure it is a refresh rate change, and not just "no signal" or some other failure?
Is this definitely new to the most recent build?
Adding "refresh_change = 2" to config.txt will disable the code for detecting refresh rate changes on firmware.
I can independently confirm everything Gregoire reports.

I have a file which plays normally on Mac OS with codec info reporting a steady 25fps, when I play it on miappa's latest 0413 RPi build it goes crazy constantly switching back and forth between 24Hz and 60Hz about once per second. (Codec info fps also fluctuates between 23 and 25fps)

The OSD of the TV itself is definitely reporting a refresh rate switch as it flashes up the resolution and refresh rate each time it switches. I can also confirm that setting "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "On start/stop" does NOT stop it from constantly switching back and forth.

Furthermore even if I switch it to "Off" although the refresh rate doesn't change the picture blanks about once a second at the time when it otherwise would have been switching refresh rates, so it seems like the HDMI connection may still be re-initialising but back to the same refresh rate.

Setting refresh_change=2 in config.txt does indeed prevent the problem from happening so I'll leave that in for the moment. With this set codec info reports 25fps.

There is a slight pause once per second like a dropped frame so it could well be a 24fps file whose container lies that it is 25fps, but that doesn't explain why it keeps switching to 60 Hz... (my default resolution is 1920x1080 at 50Hz, not 60Hz)

I'll see if I can send you a link to a sample file later tonight so you can hopefully reproduce it first hand.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-04-17, 18:22)DBMandrake Wrote: I'll see if I can send you a link to a sample file later tonight so you can hopefully reproduce it first hand.

Yes, provide a sample and it will get fixed.
Am I the only one who struggles with a black screen for several minutes when aborting/canceling a longer YouTube video? It happens since one of the last versions. As I already tried the firmware back from 20140315 and it didn't help it seems not an firmware issue. It also doesn't to occur with every video, didn't found a method to reproduce it constantly yet.

Here is an example:
http://pastebin.com/UwDMgGir
I started a video file at 17:37 and it ends at 17:45 (deleting demuxer) without problems.
Then I started a longer video at 17:47 and abort/cancel it at 17:52. But you can see that it "hangs" until 17:58 (COMXPlayer: finished waiting).
I'm currently using 20140413-nc3, but I was reminded tonight of a problem that I've had for a while (maybe since I started using test builds in Feb?):

I play DVD files from an SMB share, using DVDPlayer. I can fast forward through these files without problem, but if I rewind it will do so for maybe 5 seconds, and then my RPi reboots.

I cut a short 40s section from one such VOB and I got the same result when I let it play about 30s or so before selecting rewind. However, after I enabled debug logging the problem changed slightly: when I rewinded the RPi no longer rebooted, but DVDPlayer exited and left me back at the file list. But that's still a problem.

The short sample as an MPEG is here and the debug log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=179237

Thanks!
(2014-04-17, 18:22)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 12:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 09:14)Gregoire Wrote: I have done that. The way I always have it. Still, it switched refreshrates where it shouldn't.

I don't believe refresh rate can change apart from at start/stop when set to "start/stop".
You'll need to provide a debug log which will show this.

If you can provide a sample file that triggers the refresh change (when you think it shouldn't) I can investigate.

EDIT:
are you sure it is a refresh rate change, and not just "no signal" or some other failure?
Is this definitely new to the most recent build?
Adding "refresh_change = 2" to config.txt will disable the code for detecting refresh rate changes on firmware.
I can independently confirm everything Gregoire reports.

I have a file which plays normally on Mac OS with codec info reporting a steady 25fps, when I play it on miappa's latest 0413 RPi build it goes crazy constantly switching back and forth between 24Hz and 60Hz about once per second. (Codec info fps also fluctuates between 23 and 25fps)

The OSD of the TV itself is definitely reporting a refresh rate switch as it flashes up the resolution and refresh rate each time it switches. I can also confirm that setting "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "On start/stop" does NOT stop it from constantly switching back and forth.

Furthermore even if I switch it to "Off" although the refresh rate doesn't change the picture blanks about once a second at the time when it otherwise would have been switching refresh rates, so it seems like the HDMI connection may still be re-initialising but back to the same refresh rate.

Setting refresh_rate=2 in config.txt does indeed prevent the problem from happening so I'll leave that in for the moment. With this set codec info reports 25fps.

There is a slight pause once per second like a dropped frame so it could well be a 24fps file whose container lies that it is 25fps, but that doesn't explain why it keeps switching to 60 Hz... (my default resolution is 1920x1080 at 50Hz, not 60Hz)

I'll see if I can send you a link to a sample file later tonight so you can hopefully reproduce it first hand.

I have this problem also. It was both with latest nightly gotham and official rpi frodo-build. My problem is its switching framerate between 24 and 60 during library browsing, file browsing etc. Inside the skin, not when watching movies though.
(2014-04-20, 01:18)beejay Wrote: I have this problem also. It was both with latest nightly gotham and official rpi frodo-build. My problem is its switching framerate between 24 and 60 during library browsing, file browsing etc. Inside the skin, not when watching movies though.
Not the same problem. Switching back to 60Hz (assuming that's your default refresh rate in settings) when you drop back to the file list while playing video is normal if you have adjust refresh rate set to always.

If you set it to adjust refresh rate on start/stop it will stay at the video's refresh rate even when you exit to the file list etc, until you press stop to actually stop playback. I prefer this setting as it minimises refresh rate switches.
Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 19 + newclock3 commits.

Some info:
• Master: Many fixes and updates e.g. fixes for subs (ASS, .rar), curl multi-session etc.
• NC3 (bavison): vc-1: Optimize parser (with special attention to ARM)
• NC3 (bavison): Move the H.264 search code search functions into separate source file
• NC3: Updated: Support stereo view modes with scaling
• NC3: Don't propagate 3d flags based on supported 3d modes
• Additional: Let´s go Helix (changed version in filename, nothing else really...)

For more info on recent changes, updates and what´s being tested, see previous builds from April 7 and April 11

Firmware from April 15 included:
• audio_decode: Reset current frame time on a flush (fixes audio dropout when seek to 0)
• video_render: Support stereo rendering modes for 3D video

Additional info and testing (DVDPlayer etc.), see post #1

To install XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O xbmc-14-20140420-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/tNRTO0 --no-check-certificate
pv xbmc-14-20140420-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140420-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/xbmc-14-20140420-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot
I bought my pi two days ago. Got it working with volumio / xbmc and raspbian. Volumio is very good but for audio only. I wish to stick to xbmc as it supports both video and audio playback. However, I wish to go for a DAC (Hifiberry Wolfson etc) and found while surfing that this custom xbmc image supports hififberry (wolfson DAC support is still awaited I think). Now from the first post links I could not download the final image. And its not possible to read 80 pages at one go.
My request is can anybody advice where to get the custom image of 20th April or I can install it over my default image? If yes then how? BTW I am a novice in unix. Although I have experimented quite a bit with "SUDO" to get my wifi dongle successfully working I still request to please elaborate a little while advising the installation.
I will try to go through the entire thread when I get time.
Thanks to miappa and other members in advance for such agreat development.
(2014-04-20, 19:46)miappa Wrote: Updated Gotham build, XBMC master from Apr 19 + newclock3 commits.
Do you know if your builds are compatible with the April Raspbmc update by any chance ?

I'm still running the December release of Raspbmc but was thinking about updating it for various reasons including trying Sam's builds, but I still want to be able to revert to your builds afterwards both to continue to test them and because they run so well... Smile

I'm guessing that I might have to re-copy the firmware files from your latest build after updating raspbmc as it may install an older firmware version, but apart from that there shouldn't be an issue ?

(2014-04-17, 18:32)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 18:22)DBMandrake Wrote: I'll see if I can send you a link to a sample file later tonight so you can hopefully reproduce it first hand.

Yes, provide a sample and it will get fixed.
Did you get the file I PM'ed and did the symptoms occur on your test system if you've had a chance to try it ?
@parthabhatta
First, the builds you find here are only XBMC, not the actual OS.
Raspbmc will support HiFiberrry with a Gotham build, Wolfson (as far as I understand) is still in the works.... it works but there are still some issues if I understood correct.
If you want to test, all you need to do is run the commands in my last post above.

@DBMandrake
Yes, I am running last Raspbmc on my builds. Pretty much Raspbmc scripts all the way through except for some small changes.
And yes again (regarding firmware files), but I don´t think you will have any issues anyway. Sam has probably updated firmware just before last release which was on the 14th, so my guess is that it will work fine on last firmware version either way (apart from some 3D commits).
Everything with 3D involved now works great! Thanks for this build! Smile
Confused OK, so I have one issue, that I've posted before, that is ticking me off.

Using miappa builds only, so am asking here.
Clean Library. Does not remove episodes from a show if they are no longer present on my NAS.
But, it does remove a whole Show, if it has been removed from my NAS.

Please, is anyone able to shed some light on this?

And a XBMC debug log
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I found one problem. Hyperion (ambilight) malfunctions with distortions and seconds of delay with latest build.
Any ideas of what changes could be related to this? Curl?
there is always something.... Wink
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15