• 94(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-08-26, 21:47)feuille_de_lune Wrote: HiFiberry Digi not supported on this release, it's very noisy. It still hurt my hear. Confused and still problems for the cache any HD content suffer from that. It just can't work like that. The movies stop about 30 sec every 10 min. It's really anoying.

I use the latest OpenElec builds and also having issues with HifiBerry Digi, but was unable to find other users with the same problem in the OE thread. Nice to see others are having the same issue, so it's not something local....
Are you experiencing same problems with the NewClock3 branch?
(2014-08-27, 08:47)ijsbeer79 Wrote: I use the latest OpenElec builds and also having issues with HifiBerry Digi, but was unable to find other users with the same problem in the OE thread. Nice to see others are having the same issue, so it's not something local....

On the NewClock3 branch, it seems to work properly but my first tests are playing with "omxplayer" so no alsa sound. In navigation, the hifiberry seems to be in a good state.

For my buffering problem, I seem to solve it by doing a system NFS mount point (by /etc/fstab) instead samba share configured by application. I have some more tests to confirm it or not.
I´m getting
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'dbiplus::DbErrors'

on the kodi releases when I´m starting xbmc. The non Kodi releases are working fine.
@Essometer
Are you using Raspbian (and not Raspbmc)?
If not, try to rename the .xbmc (userdata) folder and see if that works. It will reset your userdata including the databases but you still have the backup though.

If you are running Raspbian, may I suggest that you start a new thread as these builds really are for Raspbmc.
I´m on Raspbian, but your suggestion worked. Seems like I have to rebuild my settings.
Thank you.
(2014-08-27, 10:19)feuille_de_lune Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 08:47)ijsbeer79 Wrote: I use the latest OpenElec builds and also having issues with HifiBerry Digi, but was unable to find other users with the same problem in the OE thread. Nice to see others are having the same issue, so it's not something local....

On the NewClock3 branch, it seems to work properly but my first tests are playing with "omxplayer" so no alsa sound. In navigation, the hifiberry seems to be in a good state.

For my buffering problem, I seem to solve it by doing a system NFS mount point (by /etc/fstab) instead samba share configured by application. I have some more tests to confirm it or not.
[/php]
I still have issues with the Digi, can you confirm your hifiberry.conf file is the same:

PHP Code:
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_wm8804
snd_soc_hifiberry_digi 
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Sep 02 + newclock3 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog

Newclock3:
• Same as last build

GPU firmware from Aug 30 included:
See here

To install Kodi/XBMC build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140902-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/hLV0ib --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140902-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info (testing, different players etc)
Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Sep 02 + newclock4 commits.

NB! This is a more experimental build from popcornmix´s newclock4 branch.
See explanation here and here.

GPU firmware from Aug 30 included

Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140902-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/SvxBqL --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140902-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

(2014-09-02, 20:40)miappa Wrote: Updated Helix build, Kodi/XBMC master from Sep 02 + newclock3 commits.

Kodi/XBMC Master:
Master changelog

Newclock3:
• Same as last build

GPU firmware from Aug 30 included:
See here

Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20140902-nc3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/hLV0ib --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20140902-nc3.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc3/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20140902-nc3/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

Tried this upgrade from a very stable 25/08/2014 nc3 version.

Reboots after a few minutes and continues to cycle round. After about 5 cycles. I reverted back to the 25/08 version. Did not have time to debug etc. Had a brief look in the xbmc.old.log file could not see anything obvious. Some complaints about rom browser but I do not use it.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
(2014-09-03, 22:50)sparticle Wrote: Tried this upgrade from a very stable 25/08/2014 nc3 version.

Reboots after a few minutes and continues to cycle round. After about 5 cycles. I reverted back to the 25/08 version. Did not have time to debug etc. Had a brief look in the xbmc.old.log file could not see anything obvious. Some complaints about rom browser but I do not use it.

Cheers
Spart

Been running the last nc3 build on one of my Pi´s for a couple of days, rock solid. Wink
Debug log might show something, it is working fine here though.

Side note:
Running newclock4 on the other one, working perfectly.
Best thing is that you don´t have to choose between players any longer, Kodi will do it for you.
More info here, here and here.
If you do switch over from nc3 I recommend that you start with a fresh guisettings.xml and delete/rename any custom playercorefactory.xml. One of those caused crashes when I switched from nc3 to nc4 (edit: I think, as the problems went away after deleting those files).
(2014-08-29, 23:37)ijsbeer79 Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 10:19)feuille_de_lune Wrote:

I still have issues with the Digi, can you confirm your hifiberry.conf file is the same:
PHP Code:
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_wm8804
snd_soc_hifiberry_digi 

For me it's in /etc/modules, directly and if it's seen by alsa, it works at system level.
(2014-09-04, 07:59)miappa Wrote: Been running the last nc3 build on one of my Pi´s for a couple of days, rock solid. Wink
Debug log might show something, it is working fine here though.

Side note:
Running newclock4 on the other one, working perfectly.
Best thing is that you don´t have to choose between players any longer, Kodi will do it for you.
More info here, here and here.
If you do switch over from nc3 I recommend that you start with a fresh guisettings.xml and delete/rename any custom playercorefactory.xml. One of those caused crashes when I switched from nc3 to nc4 (edit: I think, as the problems went away after deleting those files).

I will try the nc4 build. Are you saying to just delete the guisettings.xml file and it will create a new one on first start?

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Yes, guisettings.xml will recreate itself and Kodi will revert to all default settings.
However, you might not have the same problem I ran into (or guisettings had nothing to do with it), so you could just test to update without doing anything else.

I believe that many nc4 commits went into Kodi master yesterday so from now on I don´t think I will make anymore nc3 builds (unless there is a specific reason to do so).
@popcornmix
Some questions in regards to patches I use;

I see that you still set default video players in advancedsettings.xml, even though dvdplayer is "used" for both now.
Is this necessary?

And I am also wondering about the imageres and fanartres (advancedsettings.xml).
What is default when nothing is set in advancedsettings.xml?

Also, how do you distinguish which video player being used (in log and on screen info)?

Edit:
One more; Any reason to change anything regarding readbufferfactor and cachemembuffersize or should I leave that at default?
(2014-09-05, 11:18)miappa Wrote: I see that you still set default video players in advancedsettings.xml, even though dvdplayer is "used" for both now.
Is this necessary?
Where is this? I believe not specifying the player will result in dvdplayer being used which is correct.

Quote:And I am also wondering about the imageres and fanartres (advancedsettings.xml).
What is default when nothing is set in advancedsettings.xml?
imageres and fanartres both default to 1080. That is too high (especially the imageres, as you may have many posters on screen at once in the poster wall views and that will just exhaust gpu memory).

Quote:Also, how do you distinguish which video player being used (in log and on screen info)?
Bring up codec info:
omx-h264 means omxplayer
mmal-h264 means dvdplayer with hardware acceleration
ff-h264 means dvdplayer withouth acceleration

Quote:One more; Any reason to change anything regarding readbufferfactor and cachemembuffersize or should I leave that at default?
cachemembuffersize should be unset. You then get the automatic behaviour of 20M on 512M Pi and 2M on 256M Pi.
I think readbufferfactor should be higher on the Pi. Set it to 4.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15