Is there a skin for me?
I have tried about a dozen different skins, and I have not found one that I really like. I thought perhaps if I explained what it was that I wanted that someone might just know of a good skin for me to try. Here is the things that I want:

1. A pause screen that does not dim, or show ANYTHING in addition to the picture except for elapsed/remaining time. At times I pause the video so that I can examine something on the screen, only to have that covered up by a giant pause symbol, a picture of the DVD cover or text about the show. I don't need information about the video I am watching because I never watch something unless I already know what it is. The Transparency skin is the closest I have found, but even it has a picture of the DVD cover that I would rather not be there.

2. A fully customizable menu. I have about 6 different folders that I want to be able to access directly from the main menu. I know that there are several skins that will do this but I have not found one that also fits #1 above. I have been using Transparency, but it only allows me to customize 3 menu items.
You could make amendments to any existing skin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As 'nickr' mentioned you could customize. Failing that, check carefully T! forum for a message that added more custom menu's (note it was quite a while ago, and you might have to mod it a bit for Frodo). Also check out the skin settings>menu>videos you'll note 1 thru 5 'folders' allowed, sub menu's for sure but close. Then there's file mode, under appearance in settings you could open to videos directly and have umpteen listings.

As far as your #1 question... XBMC is not an editing suite, but getting rid of the image is possible if you're good at mods, the screen dimming is a settings>appearance>screensaver>use dim if paused toggle.

You did make the right choice and stumbled into the best skin T!, but don't over look Aeon.
I have never tried modding a skin before. Is there a guide I should look at?
Right on the front page:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Have you tried the skin Rapier?

It supports the features requested. You can disable the Paused screen in the skin settings under Media.

As for now it needs to be manually installed from the link above. Instructions can be found here.
(2013-10-19, 21:20)stkelly52 Wrote: 1. A pause screen that does not dim, or show ANYTHING in addition to the picture except for elapsed/remaining time. At times I pause the video so that I can examine something on the screen, only to have that covered up by a giant pause symbol, a picture of the DVD cover or text about the show. I don't need information about the video I am watching because I never watch something unless I already know what it is. The Transparency skin is the closest I have found, but even it has a picture of the DVD cover that I would rather not be there.

is this too much on pause?

Quote:2. A fully customizable menu. I have about 6 different folders that I want to be able to access directly from the main menu. I know that there are several skins that will do this but I have not found one that also fits #1 above. I have been using Transparency, but it only allows me to customize 3 menu items.

are 6 custom favourites on home menu + 6 addons + 6 scripts enough?

then You might want to try Sio2 or Sio2x.

hope that meets your needs.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a skin for me?0